• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
IMO not bad at all. I haen't noticed it but once last week when the surf was up with a breeze off the Gulf. I've been out every day since and haven't noticed it. The water has been pretty calm and clear. The beaches were pretty crowded also.

Keep an eye here for reports and don't freak.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
IMO not bad at all. I haen't noticed it but once last week when the surf was up with a breeze off the Gulf. I've been out every day since and haven't noticed it. The water has been pretty calm and clear. The beaches were pretty crowded also.

Keep an eye here for reports and don't freak.
Agree. Same thing at Grayton Beach. One or two days last week where you could tell that it was there and no hint of it this weekend. Hope it stays that way.

Beacie

Beach Crab
Sep 15, 2018
Southeast
I have the same concerns as mrshammel and also plan to stay on 30A this week. I read today that Panama City Beach had medium concentrations of red tide. We stayed in Seagrove in October 2007, when red tide was present. I started coughing as soon as I got out of the car at the beach house. At that time, I coughed even at the mall. It wasn't just beachside. The cough lingered for several weeks after I returned home. Please keep us updated on how 30A is affected. I've been subscribing to the Florida Wildlife and Fisheries weekly reports since 2007, but another report won't be out until Wednesday afternoon. Thank you.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I agree with the two other reports. Mild and infrequent. We will keep posting what we see and feel.

mrshammel

Beach Comber
Agree. Same thing at Grayton Beach. One or two days last week where you could tell that it was there and no hint of it this weekend. Hope it stays that way.

My biggest concern honestly is not the respiratory it’s the dead sea life. I can handle the air. It’s the death. After being at Sanibel and unable to go to the beach because of the swath of death for miles I can take the lesser of the two evils. With PCB having medium concentrations it’s really scary that it could creep down to Seacrest. Praying my heart out.

Beacie

Beach Crab
Sep 15, 2018
Southeast
Could an "insider" tell us the direction of how the movements usually occur? East or west? Talked to someone who was in Destin yesterday who said air was fine there and not even a jellyfish on the beach.