Itching dog driving us crazy!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by Lady D, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Lady D

Lady D SoWal Insider

Thanks for all the advice everyone, and Mango, I have a Petco card and get discounts in store. I did not check the Blue Buffalo food, there are so many different foods in there to look at can wise. I really want to find some beef canned food but it has to be minus those certain foods. And Amelia, never heard of Emu Oil but that is interesting. Would be great if I could buy that myself.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  2. ameliaj

ameliaj Beach Fanatic

I think you can order it on line, and I've seen a sign for an emu place just north of Dothan. I've heard the oil is good for lots of stuff, but it sure worked great on my dog.

3. seagrovegirl

seagrovegirl Beach Fanatic

Has anyone tried Comfortus on their dog? My Tibetan Terrior has allergies and chews and licks until she is raw and scabby. She was taking allergy shots, benadryl, medicated baths etc. Since I put her on Comfortus, a flea medication you get from your vet, she has not had a problem, unless I run out of the monthly tablet. It works best if I give it to her every three weeks. It is for fleas (and does an amazing job on my four pups), but it is working on Gracie's other allergies. It might be worth a try. It's going on three years that I started using it when the topicals for fleas stopped working. Dr. Barr in Freeport carries the product.

4. Lady D

Lady D SoWal Insider

I have learned of Comfortus from the vet, luckily his allergy test showed no allergy to fleas but that is interesting that it works for your dogs allergies. I will ask the vet about that. Thanks so much.