• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
...why aren't you doing it then?

I'm limited to two at a time which is where I am currently.

I make nothing when both of these close. This Thread is only about the best priced property in WaterSound Beach. There won't be a better priced home in WaterSound Beach than the $450,000 home from this day forward.

There are several qualified contractors on the approved list who would be happy to have the opportunity to perform the final trim out on this project and a qualified do-it-yourself buyer could do even better.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
There are several qualified contractors on the approved list who would be happy to have the opportunity to perform the final trim out on this project and a qualified do-it-yourself buyer could do even better.

...by "qualified" you mean someone with good credit and/or cash and a high tolerance for risk?

...by "qualified" you mean someone with good credit and/or cash and a high tolerance for risk?

In the case of a do-it-yourself Owner I mean it is perfect for someone who has decent credit and a personality strong in gratitude, non-wasteful with a good work ethic. This Buyer should have an investment account that is looking for something tangible. This do-it-yourself Buyer should have a schedule that would permit hands on work and a united family effort would be beneficial for more than just monetary reasons too.

In the case of a do-it-yourself Owner who has developed a couple houses previously it is as simple as deciding the final decor and putting together the tradesman. Work a plan with stick-to-itiveness.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
In the case of a do-it-yourself Owner I mean it is perfect for someone who has decent credit and a personality strong in gratitude, non-wasteful with a good work ethic. This Buyer should have an investment account that is looking for something tangible. This do-it-yourself Buyer should have a schedule that would permit hands on work and a united family effort would be beneficial for more than just monetary reasons too.

In the case of a do-it-yourself Owner who has developed a couple houses previously it is as simple as deciding the final decor and putting together the tradesman. Work a plan with stick-to-itiveness.

:blink: Sounds too much like work.

rehunter

Beach Comber
Jan 21, 2009
....that should have been printed on a 2x4 and used to smack the investulators upside their empty heads. :roll:

Needacoolname, With a 100 large, You should wait out the summer period if your jonesing to buy... you can spin numbers any way you want on rentals. Your 20% down will probably turn into a greater percentage after that. This market isnt going anywhere. The 2nd home folks in 30A are still using savings to get by, wait till this group discovers that Tuition, Groceries, 1st home, BMW, Club Membership, Granite counter tops, Sub zero appliances, etc......and finally 2nd vacation home are not adding up. Your money is better sitting at 1 to 2 %, waiting to strike..... Like my grandfather said, the 49's made history, but the 59's made money........When that works thru the market...BINGO.

Needacoolname, With a 100 large, You should wait out the summer period if your jonesing to buy... you can spin numbers any way you want on rentals. Your 20% down will probably turn into a greater percentage after that. This market isnt going anywhere. The 2nd home folks in 30A are still using savings to get by, wait till this group discovers that Tuition, Groceries, 1st home, BMW, Club Membership, Granite counter tops, Sub zero appliances, etc......and finally 2nd vacation home are not adding up. Your money is better sitting at 1 to 2 %, waiting to strike..... Like my grandfather said, the 49's made history, but the 59's made money........When that works thru the market...BINGO.

I completely disagree and that was the point of the Thread. I'm going to put your Post into real life context:

There are about 500 residential units in WaterSound Beach. The $450,000 home is the best priced property ever sold and there is no other property on the horizon that is being offered at a better price.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I completely disagree and that was the point of the Thread. I'm going to put your Post into real life context:

There are about 500 residential units in WaterSound Beach. The $450,000 home is the best priced property ever sold and there is no other property on the horizon that is being offered at a better price.

It's an "unfinished" house with a $450,000 pricetag.

Why do you reckon that--assuming this is as good of a deal/investment as you say--none of the builders or developers have snapped this up at that price to finish for resale?

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
All the VRBO links I proferred were rentals by owner. In that scenario there is no $1,800 per month in maintenance fees. I think you'll find that most successful VRBO's have small, local cleaning/maintenance companies handling the check out responsibilities for about $200.00 per visit on average. The trade off is that you may well get WaterSound Beach's Cottage Rental Company to take this home into their program and possibly gross $65,000. They charge a full service rental management fee, but your guests get use of the WaterSound Beach club as part of their program.

There's also the issue of joining the beach club to bypass that isn't there? More math. :eek:

It's an "unfinished" house with a $450,000 pricetag.

Why do you reckon that--assuming this is as good of a deal/investment as you say--none of the builders or developers have snapped this up at that price to finish for resale?

Their all broke?