• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Judging by the score which I saw at the RedBar, I see why Nole fans would be nervous before every game :funn: -- Tech and FL fans, too! :rotfl::D

Fill me in on why a Tech fan gets nervous. I don't have time for t.v., so I get nervous right before I read the Sunday paper.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Just a note to say that the ShallowsNole family survived, and with the help of ibuprofen and tequila, I don't feel half as bad as I thought I would!

And I did see progress. I would have rather seen a win, but I saw progress. It's going to be an interesting season! :D

Judging by the score which I saw at the RedBar, I see why Nole fans would be nervous before every game :funn: -- Tech and FL fans, too! :rotfl::D
I don't get nervous before Tech games, just UF games. Before Tech games, I getted pumped up to par-tay. I mean, they play "Let's This This Party Started" by BEP just before the game starts. If the camera pans the opponents bench, you will see me dancing about 7 rows back!:D :party:

Just a note to say that the ShallowsNole family survived, and with the help of ibuprofen and tequila, I don't feel half as bad as I thought I would!

And I did see progress. I would have rather seen a win, but I saw progress. It's going to be an interesting season! :D
We went to bed at 10 EDT because it looked like Clemson was gonna blow out FSU (and today is my first day back at work other than a few minutes). At least FSU made it interesting at the end, according to ESPN.com.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I
We went to bed at 10 EDT because it looked like Clemson was gonna blow out FSU (and today is my first day back at work other than a few minutes). At least FSU made it interesting at the end, according to ESPN.com.

You're forgiven. :D

However, my co-workers who claim to be FSU fans and who say we looked pitiful (which we did, at first) and then announce that they were asleep by halftime are REALLY getting on my nerves. If you're a fan, WATCH THE EFFIN GAME. Don't give up. Did the 11/26/94 Choke at Doak not teach you anything? Who gives a flying flip if you have to get up at five a.m. to get down here by 7:30! If I had thought it would interfere, I would have taken this morning off.

Dam bandwagoners. My head hurts and I'm sleepy. :angry:

BeachSteelers

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2006
Seagrove
Do all the nole Fans need a cryin towel. Borrow Tennesse's they ought to be done with it by now. And as for Michigan...it's soaked and they need it again for their OSU and Bowl game losses to come.

sandflea

Beach Lover
May 3, 2005
Destin
Another Nole fan here...
I think I've gotten over my fit from last night/this morning. I threw everything I could find at the TV.

I would just like for the guys to come out and play the FIRST HALF too, for once!!!! :bang:

I'm hoarse today :blink:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Why would people in the state of Florida give a rat's rear end...oh, never mind. My hangover's gone, Value Board Petition Deadline Day is over, all is calm, all is quiet. :blush:

Until next weekend!

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Why would people in the state of Florida give a rat's rear end...oh, never mind. My hangover's gone, Value Board Petition Deadline Day is over, all is calm, all is quiet. :blush:

Until next weekend!

Your signature line would be a classic headline with a little "tweaking."

Christian Ponder for Quarterback... Christian's ponder for Quarterback. ;-) :D

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-met_107sep04,0,5072544.column

What I am about to say is going to shock Florida State football fans.

What I am about to say might just be the most disturbing news to hit Tallahassee since Claude Kirk was elected governor.

What I am about to say might just cause FSU fans to climb up on their appaloosa stallions, ride out into their driveways and stick flaming spears through the plastic bags harboring their Orlando Sentinels.

Here goes:

There's a very good chance that Florida State's offense, even under messianic new coordinator Jimbo Fisher, will be mired in mediocrity again this year.

I know, I know, we're only one game into the season, but the performance in the first half of Monday night's 24-18 loss to Clemson was much too pathetic to simply write off as first-game jitters. It was so bad that you could almost hear Jeff Bowden back home in Tallahassee screaming at his TV set, "See, Daddy, it wasn't all me!"

Granted, the Seminoles came back and made a game of it in the second half but, even so, it is hard to feel good about FSU's offense after Monday night.

Quarterback Drew Weatherford was under pressure all night. The offensive line missed too many blocks. The receivers dropped too many passes. The offense put the defense in too many holes.

As coming-out parties go, Fisher's first half will go down as the worst first performance since Mariah Carey's acting debut in Glitter.

"That first half was the worst half I've seen us play," FSU Coach Bobby Bowden said afterward.

For posterity purposes, let it be recorded that the first play of the Jimbo Fisher era was a huge success. Too bad it was on a broken play that Weatherford turned into a 22-yard scramble. Turns out that 22-yard gain on the first play of the game was FSU's only first down of the first half. Who knew "Jimbo" was an ancient Seminole Indian word meaning "three-and-out"? At one point during the first half, FSU's offense had seven consecutive three-and-out possessions. The performance became so inept that one pressbox wag referred to Jimbo as "Jeffbo."

Don't get me wrong, the awful first half certainly doesn't mean hiring Jimbo was a mistake; it just means that an offense doesn't automatically become great -- or even decent -- simply by adding a new coordinator. All you need to do is look around at some of the nation's most renowned offensive masterminds to recognize that it takes more than schemes and scams to move the ball.

Did you check out Notre Dame Coach Charlie Weis' offense Saturday in the 33-3 loss to Georgia Tech? Weis was such a genius, the Fighting Irish scored no touchdowns and mustered just 122 yards of offense.

Take a guess what Urban Meyer's offense was ranked during his first year at Florida. It was ranked 61st in the nation -- two spots behind Jeff Bowden's FSU offense. And Steve Spurrier's offense during his first year at South Carolina? It was ranked No. 100 in the nation -- 60 spots behind UCF.

Spurrier, Weis and Meyer are considered among the three greatest offensive minds in college football and they still have been unable to put a dominant offense on the field. Translation: It will take Fisher some time to restore Florida State's offense to the dominance it enjoyed in the 1990s.

In those dynastic days of yesteryear, FSU's offense was loaded with names like Charlie Ward and Chris Weinke and Warrick Dunn and Peter Warrick. These days, the names have been changed to protect the innocent. There's not a single player on the Seminoles' offense -- with the possible exception of tailback Antone Smith -- who scares opposing defenses.

Jimbo Fisher already has proven he is a good offensive coordinator, but Florida State fans need to remember this:

Even the best playcallers need playmakers.

Jeff Bowden may be gone, but his talent still remains.

Spurrier, Weis, and Meyer are head coaches and Weis is not looking so hot now that Quinn is gone.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Well...I don't care for Mike Biatchi (gator) or the Orlando Slantinel (full of gators), but he makes some good points. (btw, I had two different people e-mail that to me today. :roll: )

Many of these points I alluded to in my first post in thie thread, before the game was even played. :sosad:

'Tis okay. I'm in for the long haul anyway. :cool: