• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

jena 6

New posts
al sharpton referred to jena as the "beginning of the 21st century civil rights movement". thoughts?

Yes, my thoughts are that Al SharpTONGUE and Jesse JackSOME are crooks and enjoy stirring the pudding, though I liked SharpTONGUE's humor during the last Presidential election.
 
al sharpton referred to jena as the "beginning of the 21st century civil rights movement". thoughts?

In theory, the civil rights are in place. We're just in the long, slow process of changing our culture. (Or waiting for the ignorant folk to either quit breeding or Darwin themselves out of society in their "Hey, watch this!" moments.)
 
sarafunn...what are your thoughts of Al Sharpton?
 
In theory, the civil rights are in place. We're just in the long, slow process of changing our culture. (Or waiting for the ignorant folk to either quit breeding or Darwin themselves out of society in their "Hey, watch this!" moments.)

I am constantly amazed at some of the things that come out of people's mouths! I'd love to think it is confined to older folks who predate the civil rights movement or downright ignorant people in the shallow end of the gene pool, but sadly that is not the case.

I just don't understand racism (and many other isms) - the best explanation people have come up with is that because of my age/where I was raised I was never really exposed to it/aware of it/looking for it.
 
I am constantly amazed at some of the things that come out of people's mouths! I'd love to think it is confined to older folks who predate the civil rights movement or downright ignorant people in the shallow end of the gene pool, but sadly that is not the case.

I just don't understand racism (and many other isms) - the best explanation people have come up with is that because of my age/where I was raised I was never really exposed to it/aware of it/looking for it.


Racism is a lot like judging. We all have judged someone or something. I hope what comes out of this is more understanding.
 
Your post is incorrect. I appreciate the fact that you are not a prejudice person but your fact's are innuendo's and things that were said which have no factual foundation.

The incident did not occur as you have posted, but I understand with all the misinformation about this case how you could of come to that conclusion.

You may want to look over your own post for your own inability to write a sentence in this particular post.

:blink:


http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/10/11/bell.jail/index.html
factfinder, I am counting at least five attributed sources--including the venerable Chicago Tribune--in the original post. So, I'm a bit confused about what you are labeling "misinformation."
The link you provide as support for your point of view has no relevance to the Jena 6 case. One of the people involved in the incident has been jailed for probation violation relating to prior juvenile convictions. And...? Non sequiturs only weaken your arguments.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top