• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I'm torn as to who to support in the D5 race, even though it's obvious I'm supporting a candidate in the D3 race...to make my decision, I was going to go back and look over minutes of School Board meetings from when Jerry Jones was on the school board before, but I can't for the life of me remember which years or even which district he served. :bang: I know he served at least two terms...does anybody remember the rest? :dunno:

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
If we were to live say, near Burnt Pine, where would we be zoned for elementary school?

There are 2 public elementary schools in South Walton. If the Burnt Pine you're referring to is in Sandestin, then your children would go to Butler Elementary, which is on the western end of 30A, near 98. The other elementary school is Bay Elementary, which is located in Point Washington on 395. You can choose to send your child to either school, but if you choose the one that isn't for your direct area, you have to arrange transportation. The buses will only pick up/drop off your child if they go to the school for your area. Both are good schools. Butler is bigger than Bay, which just opened this year for all elementary grades. My children went/go to Butler and we've been very pleased with their teachers and education. I've heard great things about Bay this year too.

seagull

Beach Crab
Sep 2, 2006
Seagrove
One good reason to change leadership is the fact that the school board budget went up over $31 million dollars in one year. Spending is out of control! The incumbent, Darrel Barnhill has gotten too busy to attend board meetings. He has been going to the planning commission meetings instead. I just personally believe he has lost sight of the reason the board members need to be there and that is for the students.