• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
I like Paula's suggestion.
Another messageboard I go to got real ugly about having too many "fora." People became divided along two lines:

#1)The anti-compartmentalization crowd, who feel it is too much trouble to pore over each category.
and
#2) The each-subject-should-have-its-own-spot crowd.

I can see both sides of the issue, but tend to prefer categories, because to me it is just easier to find stuff.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Maybe a Tangent thread...here goes....Cil...your avatar is hysterical!!!!

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Sueshore said:
Maybe a Tangent thread...here goes....Cil...your avatar is hysterical!!!!
<----------------To the lounge please ;-)

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
kurt said:
I'm open to anything. My problem is once I start dividing I don't know when to stop. Feel free to suggest forums. I was thinking the next one might be classifieds, for sale or trade and maybe services. Another one might be just services / local business.

Kurt, i like the idea of for sale/trade area. been trying to get WTHA to something like it, ie 'trash or treasure'

listing:
what
where
how much
contact

no real estate, it's elsewhere

a good source for remodling(sp) info, how to's: http://livemodern.com/forums

jr

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
Paula, I like your idea. Since there is a "Rentals" category, what about a general one for owners? This could include info on management issues, status of rentals, and other questions and could include decorating questions. I think it could also be helpful for people who are interested in buying (or selling) properties in the area. Can we have it, Kurt?

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
I'm on board with Paula and Donna. As a newly-minted SoWal owner, I know that I'll be looking for resources sooner or later, whether it be leads for good painters, electricians or simply a good shop for decorative items. Anything that helps me maintain and/or improve my property is worth knowing about.

whiteyfunn

SoWal Staff
Jul 1, 2005
Seagrove Beach
jdarg said:
Oooh- and feng shui too!!!:D

I'm a total believer in that feng shui!! I moved my bed and slept so well. It's probably all pychological. But I like it!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
whiteyfunn said:
I'm a total believer in that feng shui!! I moved my bed and slept so well. It's probably all pychological. But I like it!

You were probably worn out from all that physical activity!!! :D

montana

Beach Comber
Feb 7, 2006
not on the beach
You need to see Norma or Shabby slips for slip covers...if it's pillow shams or covers, I recommend Josephine.........I have numbers for them if needed!