• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Laundry help!

New posts
UGH, I've been working on a load of clothes for 2 days. Sam left a very oily lipgloss in her pocket and somehow I missed it and it got washed and dried. It's a load of darks and there are various spots all over. I've tried prespotting with the detergent and letting it soak in and then spraying Shout on the areas and letting it soak and I just checked and it didn't work AGAIN!!!! I've removed other lip glosses before and chap stick too but for some reason this is really stubborn. Any suggestions? Please???!!!!
 
Shout makes a new "Shout Advanced". I have tried this on old "grease" stains on my tshirts. It worked great. However, you must spray the spot and let it set overnight, or longer if possible. Then wash as usual. Good luck, OL!!!!
 
Last edited:
UGH, I've been working on a load of clothes for 2 days. Sam left a very oily lipgloss in her pocket and somehow I missed it and it got washed and dried. It's a load of darks and there are various spots all over. I've tried prespotting with the detergent and letting it soak in and then spraying Shout on the areas and letting it soak and I just checked and it didn't work AGAIN!!!! I've removed other lip glosses before and chap stick too but for some reason this is really stubborn. Any suggestions? Please???!!!!

Try some "Simple Green".
 
If the stains have already been through the dryer then the typical degreasers usually won't work. You actually have to freshen the grease for degreasers to work. Spray them with w-d 40 and then use dawn dishwashing liquid.

You can also try Greased Lighting from Walmart.

There's something else called Fast Orange I read that works too.

BTW- I have also used something for stained towels at the beach called Zap I think. It's actually carpet cleaner, but works fantastic when regular shout didn't work. I'll double check the name when he gets home.

MANgo started it. He's in the laundry business and gets all my stains out since I drop everything on myself! :lol:

Good luck!
 
Last edited:
Shout makes a new "Shout Advanced". I have tried this on old "grease" stains on my tshirts. It worked great. However, you must spray the spot and let it set overnight, or longer if possible. Then wash as usual. Good luck, OL!!!!


Since they're dark clothes I was concerned about pulling the color out?:idontno:


Try some "Simple Green".


Thanks, I'll have to look into this.

If the stains have already been through the dryer then the typical degreasers usually won't work. You actually have to freshen the grease for degreasers to work. Spray them with w-d 40 and then use dawn dishwashing liquid.
You can also try Greased Lighting from Walmart.

BTW- I have also used something for stained towels at the beach called Zap I think. It's actually carpet cleaner, but works fantastic when regular shout didn't work. I'll double check the name when he gets home.

MANgo started it. He's in the laundry business and gets all my stains out since I drop everything on myself! :lol:

Good luck!

Hmm, they have been through the dryer. Hmm, freshen the grease? Interesting. I need to make a trip to the store...


:roll: Me and laundry don't mix. Or maybe it's Sam...remember the iPod that got washed? It's working grayt by the way.
 
OL, if you can find a bar of Fels-Naptha at the grocery store, that might work. It's an old soap that has always been used by dry cleaners for oily stains, etc. It's getting much harder to find it nowadays, but I have to say, it really does work. It's usually on the bottom shelf - not noticeably in full view.

If you can find it, then soak the clothes in cold water again, hand wring them, then rub the fels-naptha on the spots & not lightly either I might add. Really rub it in. Then wash them with your regular detergent in cold water.

The other key to this is, check the spots again BEFORE drying. For some reason, drying is the culprit. You can repeat this process over and over before drying.

Good luck!!

Fels-Naptha
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If the stains have already been through the dryer then the typical degreasers usually won't work. You actually have to freshen the grease for degreasers to work. Spray them with w-d 40 and then use dawn dishwashing liquid.

You can also try Greased Lighting from Walmart.

There's something else called Fast Orange I read that works too.

BTW- I have also used something for stained towels at the beach called Zap I think. It's actually carpet cleaner, but works fantastic when regular shout didn't work. I'll double check the name when he gets home.

MANgo started it. He's in the laundry business and gets all my stains out since I drop everything on myself! :lol:

Good luck!

Tide stain stick works wonders in a pinch. I don't leave home w/out it!:biggrin:
 
OL, if you can find a bar of Fels-Naptha at the grocery store, that might work. It's an old soap that has always been used by dry cleaners for oily stains, etc. It's getting much harder to find it nowadays, but I have to say, it really does work. It's usually on the bottom shelf - not noticeably in full view.

If you can find it, then soak the clothes in cold water again, hand wring them, then rub the fels-naptha on the spots & not lightly either I might add. Really rub it in. Then wash them with your regular detergent in cold water.

The other key to this is, check the spots again BEFORE drying. For some reason, drying is the culprit.

Good luck!!

Fels-Naptha


Thanks JR, the thing is , is that they are not visible AT ALL until partially dry.:bang:
 
If the stains have already been through the dryer then the typical degreasers usually won't work. You actually have to freshen the grease for degreasers to work. Spray them with w-d 40 and then use dawn dishwashing liquid.

You can also try Greased Lighting from Walmart.

There's something else called Fast Orange I read that works too.

BTW- I have also used something for stained towels at the beach called Zap I think. It's actually carpet cleaner, but works fantastic when regular shout didn't work. I'll double check the name when he gets home.

MANgo started it. He's in the laundry business and gets all my stains out since I drop everything on myself! :lol:

Good luck!

Really???? I NEVER would have thought of this....does it really work?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top