• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Laundry help!

New posts
that is correct: wrinkled clothing that can't be worn unless ironed - to the goodwill!!! however, I have ironed two items this summer (they are fairly new cotton linen items that needed wearing before going in the goodwill bag).

I have such a love hate relationship with linen. Love the first time I wear it.:wub: Hate it after it's washed and waiting for the iron.:angry:
 
Talked to MAN-go. He said degreaser, (he tried gojo (sp) something that cleans mechanics hands and that worked) I didn't feel like looking in the garage, so I googled degreasers, and found that link I sent you, and I read about it one of his laundry industry mags.

****BUT, but he never tried the Wd-40 and said it stains his clothes, but he never tried applying the Dawn to it because he doesn't care because they're work clothes anyway, so he's not sure it will work, so best not to take a chance. ****

The stuff we used on the towels was called Spot Shot. It actually is a carpet cleaner.:lol: Some towels the stains came up that didn't work with Shout, and some it made them less noticeable, and others it did nothing for.
Unfortunately, not knowing what caused the stain, I can't say what it lifted.
 
Last edited:
Talked to MAN-go. He said degreaser, (he tried gojo (sp) something that cleans mechanics hands and that worked) I didn't feel like looking in the garage, so I googled degreasers, and found that link I sent you, and I read about it one of his laundry industry mags.

****BUT, but he never tried the Wd-40 and said it stains his clothes, but he never tried applying the Dawn to it because he doesn't care because they're work clothes anyway, so he's not sure it will work, so best not to take a chance. ****

The stuff we used on the towels was called Spot Shot. It actually is a carpet cleaner.:lol: Some towels the stains came up that didn't work with Shout, and some it made them less noticeable, and others it did nothing for.
Unfortunately, not knowing what caused the stain, I can't say what it lifted.


Didn't make it to the store today ...tomorrow is another day.

I've used the Spot Shot of the carpet before and if I remember correctly it worked well.
 
****BUT, but he never tried the Wd-40 and said it stains his clothes, but he never tried applying the Dawn to it because he doesn't care because they're work clothes anyway, so he's not sure it will work, so best not to take a chance. ****

:eek: ...uh oh...after reading this thread, I poured Dawn on a shirt that had been attacked by a salad dressing pouch. It is one of my favorite shirts...please let it be okay. :(
 
I've heard that Dawn works. Takes grease out of your way, according to the commercial. Most dish detergents are safe on clothing. In fact, when I was in Peru, we were told to bring dish detergent for washing our clothes in the river.

Careful with that Greased Lightening. It's great for taking out awful stains--I primarily use it to get brake dust off my wheels--but it will ruin some stuff in a hurry. It spotted my floormats, for instance. I would bee skeert to use it on clothing.
 
:eek: ...uh oh...after reading this thread, I poured Dawn on a shirt that had been attacked by a salad dressing pouch. It is one of my favorite shirts...please let it be okay. :(

Just don't dry it in the dryer. If it looks ok then proceed. If you dry a stain in, you're done.
 
Here, I finally found it. Solutions to Spot Problems, apparently put to the test on the Oprah Winfrey Show. It mentions the wd-40.

OL, I am going to buy Spot Shot stock it works so good. :lol:
 
Okay, laundry goddesses: In the last couple of hours I've found a stain not covered by Oprah or her minions. Before I google it, let's hear your wisdom.

I have what appears to be rust stains on embroidery floss on an appliqued quilt block. I haven't laid eyes on the quilt blocks in YEARS, therefore the stains are very old. My grandmother and I worked on these blocks when I was about 9 years old, and she died 4 years later. So I would rather keep the stains than ruin the block. I'm hoping to make pillow shams out of them.

Whatcha think? I tried a Tide pen so far, and it didn't do much. (A little, but not much.)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top