• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I'm sorry, I really wasn't trying to get into the middle of this dispute. I was just saying that Larry, Darrell and Darrell were funny characters and had not thought of them in a while.

I will add this, the one and only time I called Code Enforcement was to find out what I could do with my old oil filters. I was told in no uncertain terms that he did not know and I should call the road department. Still haven't called the road department. If I threw them in the woods or threw them in the landfill I do suppose it maybe a code problem? I think most of this issue with Code Enforcement could be addressed by educating both the public and the employee as to what each expects. I know in my line of work we have a customer service mentality, see someone broke down stop and help, tire flat change it, need a ride give them one. Obviously we have to use a certain amount of common sense, but you can't go wrong trying. Just saying:clap:

Keep them in a plastic bag and turn them in when the county has one of those haz mat collection days. Seriously, you would think that they would have known this. It is a pretty well advertised event.

TechPyle

Beach Lover
May 10, 2009
Way over the rainbow
I'm sorry, I really wasn't trying to get into the middle of this dispute. I was just saying that Larry, Darrell and Darrell were funny characters and had not thought of them in a while.

I will add this, the one and only time I called Code Enforcement was to find out what I could do with my old oil filters. I was told in no uncertain terms that he did not know and I should call the road department. Still haven't called the road department. If I threw them in the woods or threw them in the landfill I do suppose it maybe a code problem? I think most of this issue with Code Enforcement could be addressed by educating both the public and the employee as to what each expects. I know in my line of work we have a customer service mentality, see someone broke down stop and help, tire flat change it, need a ride give them one. Obviously we have to use a certain amount of common sense, but you can't go wrong trying. Just saying:clap:
Contact
Walton County Solid Waste Facility
Ph: (850) 892-8180
Fax: (850) 892-8434

They will tell you where you can drop off the items and what time.

Or you could try the used motor oil drop offs listed here
http://www.co.walton.fl.us/DocumentView.aspx?DID=226

but I would call first to make sure it was OK.

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
It's possible that IG just wants to be left alone and telling the story may give enough clues to know where she lives.
Thank you IG for doing something about an illegal activity. Too many people just turn their head.

:roll:...for real? I was not asking for an address, just a code infraction. I'll stop now.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Contact
Walton County Solid Waste Facility
Ph: (850) 892-8180
Fax: (850) 892-8434

They will tell you where you can drop off the items and what time.

Or you could try the used motor oil drop offs listed here
http://www.co.walton.fl.us/DocumentView.aspx?DID=226

but I would call first to make sure it was OK.

Hate to break it to you, I was told by those folks to put in my trash, as far as leaving it the oil drop off, I am hesitant to do so because I don't know where they go either:dunno: I have tried to wait for the Haz Mat days and drop them off then.