• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Sorry

No, you didn't miss anything. People just love to criticize others on here, I get it almost everytime I post anything *sigh*
Anyways, I do wish Leo would not stay gone for days though, it makes me worry about him getting enough food and stuff. Honestly, I don't mind if he wants to roam around the neighborhood a bit but I do wish he would come back home on a regular basis so I wouldn't have to worry. My son got him at a month old and he was supposed to be his responsibility, and we discussed it at length before he got him, but he wound up moving to Canada (unplanned) and I have him now. I make sure he has a good home and plenty O' lovin and if I could figure out how to make him come home everyday, then all would be well...lol.

I was not trying to criticize you and it is the first time I've said anything about the cat wondering. I just heard about the critters that are out a night and the one that the news anchor had killed by a cayote. That freaked me out. You are in a tough situation and I am sure you are doing all you can. I was just worried about Leo and am sure it is stressful for your to worry about him so much. I will not say anything more about it except I hope he comes back soon and is fine when he does. I just worry so much about all animals esepcially after moving here and finding about I have to watch when I let my dog out at night because I was told that for the same reason. Good luck and please don't take it personal, it was not. Have a great evening and hopefully Leo will come back and it will be a really great one.

NightAngel

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
What is a bummer is that my son is here with his girlfriend visiting from Canada and is going back tomorrow night and we were hoping Leo would come back before he had to leave but still no luck after some pretty good all out searches for him. :dunno: We pretty much go looking everyday around sundown (my mom is out riding her bike looking now) just like we did before when he was gone for so long, but we never find him, he just shows up at some point. I do wonder where he goes.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
I am lucky with Cowboy, since he loves to be outside (unless it's cold out). I worry if he isn't home by Midnight and then 3AM if I get awake and he still isn't home. He's never had so much as a scratch - I have no idea what he's doing out there, however.

Anyway, I hope Leo (great name, BTW) comes home, too......and, hopefully people won't criticize you any longer either. ;-)

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Suggestioin, for your lost baby!

I would also post a thread on petfinder.com, where you can list a "lost pet". On there, you can search the area shelters, too! Another suggestion, is post on Craigs.org and WaltonCountyFreecycle : Walton County Florida Freecycle.
Good luck and my prayers are with you all!:love:

Last edited:

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Leo - So Sorry

I'm so sorry. I know that must make it so much harder on you with your son here. You know how cats are. They come home when they are ready and all while you are searching and calling him he is probably under a bush watching you and laughing at you. That is how I felt when mine got out one time. All my searching and worrying and he just came home when he was ready and it was at night time when he was under cover and came from under a bush next to my porch. I still never figured out how he got out, but I know how much he made me worry and I do hope Leo comes home soon to end your days of worrying. I'm sorry if I sounded critical again, I just worry about those darn animals oo much I guess. They have a mind of their own and don't know what is and is not good for them unfortunately. Keep us posted. Hopefully with all of Leo's concerned fans he will come home NOW!!! Have a good day; there is nothing you can do because he will come home when he is ready. :dunno:

What is a bummer is that my son is here with his girlfriend visiting from Canada and is going back tomorrow night and we were hoping Leo would come back before he had to leave but still no luck after some pretty good all out searches for him. :dunno: We pretty much go looking everyday around sundown (my mom is out riding her bike looking now) just like we did before when he was gone for so long, but we never find him, he just shows up at some point. I do wonder where he goes.

NightAngel

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
Just an update. Sadly, Leo kitty has not yet returned home :sosad:. He was gone almost 6 weeks last time and I was hoping he would not do that again but it has been 3 weeks now and no sign of him. We have ridden these streets over and over and some of you may have seen me or my mom out on the bike calling for him, but still no Leo. I have not given up hope and every day I wonder where he is and everyday we search for him.
So if anyone even thinks they see him in the Daughettes area, please let me know. He has a blue collar and a name tag.

:dunno:

romeosmom

Beach Comber
Sep 1, 2008
On the bay
So sorry about Leo. I live in the same area and my next door neighbor's cat has been missing also, for at least a week. She usually stays very close to home. Small gray tabby with a red collar named Meow Meow. Our cat is 16 and thankfully does not even want to go out the front door, only the back screen enclosure. Will still keep an eye out for Leo on my walks. Good luck.

NightAngel

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
So sorry about Leo. I live in the same area and my next door neighbor's cat has been missing also, for at least a week. She usually stays very close to home. Small gray tabby with a red collar named Meow Meow. Our cat is 16 and thankfully does not even want to go out the front door, only the back screen enclosure. Will still keep an eye out for Leo on my walks. Good luck.

I met some boys, around age 11 or 12, who were skate boarding while I was looking and they said their cat was missing as well, so strange. I will keep an eye out for the kitty with the red collar while I am out looking for Leo as I do run across all kinds of kitties in my search, just none of them have been Leo to this point.

NightAngel

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
Unfortunately, our Leo never came home :dunno:. It breaks my heart that we were not able to find him and everyday I still think he is just gonna show up. This puts an end to any more animals for me, I can't stand the heartbreak.