• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Oh, if only I knew the answer to that question! One of the few drawbacks I've found to this area is the lack of "quality employed" bachelors (you'll learn to check marital status) compared to college days or a city.

-Old Florida Fish House
-Bud & Alley's
-Harbor Docks on Thursday nights
-Aj's (lots of military guys)
-Crab Island

Last edited:
I'm moving down from Atlanta. I swear all men I have met here (ATL) are in their late 20's/early 30's but are still "swinging bachelors" acting as if they're all 21 w/o a care in the world and chasing girls that are 18. Ugh. :blink:

I'll be down next week for interviews and possible house hunting. Anyone know of the best looking, cheapest, closest to beach, long-term rental is? Ha. I know... asking for the impossible... :roll:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Check the "rental" thread on Sowal and ask/look around. I've found my various abodes through ads in the Walton Sun, "roommate wanted" or "for rent" notes in the Seaside or Rosemary post offices, and word of mouth. Ask the people you're interviewing with as well.

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Oh, if only I knew the answer to that question! One of the few drawbacks I've found to this area is the lack of "quality employed" bachelors (you'll learn to check marital status) compared to college days or a city.

-Old Florida Fish House
-Bud & Alley's
-Harbor Docks on Thursday nights
-Aj's (lots of military guys)
-Crab Island

Even checking marital status may not be enough! If you like to party, there's a lot at the above named establishments, although I don't think I'd like to actually take them home! Hey, they're drunk!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Even checking marital status may not be enough! If you like to party, there's a lot at the above named establishments, although I don't think I'd like to actually take them home! Hey, they're drunk!

I just gave the locations most likely to have single men in her age group, she can use her own judgment from there as to their level of sobriety and their suitability as houseguests ;-).

Do you have any suggestions? As you stated, those I listed aren't great.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
I just gave the locations most likely to have single men in her age group, she can use her own judgment from there as to their level of sobriety and their suitability as houseguests ;-).

Do you have any suggestions? As you stated, those I listed aren't great.

Attitude trumps Age!!
My suggestion: DON'T SEEK...if something is meant to be...it will just happen when you're having fun & busy looking the other way! :wave: