• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
And by Freeport coming I mean the orgasmic splendor of franchises, strip malls, and homogenized American anywhere. :dunno:

The capitalist racetrack between the bridge and I10 goes vroom vroom vroom!

Waffle House, McDonalds and Dairy Queen starting their engines.

Any guesses on how long before we see a store which sells nothing but socks? A subdivision with a lazy river? Holiday Inn Express? Mercedes or Lexus Dealer? The world's largest outlet mall? New Jin Jin 331?

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Anything to give the Freeporters something to do and keep them out of South Walton is fine with me.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Freeport will do best as a middle class area that's not too far from the beach while having housing costs more in line with wages around here compared to home prices south of the bay. And IMO, nothing wrong with the usual middle class mass market shopping outposts as long as that's not all there is. As for strip malls, it's not like Freeport has an old school downtown area for Just Socks (which if you're talking socks from fair trade alpaca wool hand-woven by Peruvian virgins, that's more of a Watercolor store anyways) and many a strip mall has some nice local non-chain options to go along with the usual cell phone stores, nail salons, and Supercuts offerings. Some of my favorite cheap and ethnic eats around here are in strip malls.

I do think Dairy Queen is getting rather expensive though. For what they charge these days for a couple of ordinary cones, you can get a nice pint of Talenti from the Freeport Publix instead.

wastinaway

Beach Comber
Jan 11, 2015
We Freeporters should get Trump to build us a wall to keep the beach people out of our town. Divert them to PCB and Destin to see what 30A's overcrowded future looks like!

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
We Freeporters should get Trump to build us a wall to keep the beach people out of our town. Divert them to PCB and Destin to see what 30A's overcrowded future looks like!

Yes, please do. It will solve a lot of problems. Great Idea.

30a's overcrowded future is the end on SoWal. Circle of Life...

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Freeport could legalize gambling, hookers, and weed and I'd still avoid it.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013