• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pmiller

Beach Crab
Jul 20, 2005
Hello all. Hope everyone is OK with all you've been through.
My family and four or five others have been vacationing at the Seagrove villas and motel for the last six summers. Prior to that we were going to the old Silver beach cottages in Destin before they sold out to condo land.This group is worried that the villas (at least E building) won't make it. We don't do high rises. Anybody out there have, or know of, a beachside house that can handle four or five families? Must have a pool and everybody needs their space if you know what I mean.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who knows something.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
pmiller said:
Hello all. Hope everyone is OK with all you've been through.
My family and four or five others have been vacationing at the Seagrove villas and motel for the last six summers. Prior to that we were going to the old Silver beach cottages in Destin before they sold out to condo land.This group is worried that the villas (at least E building) won't make it. We don't do high rises. Anybody out there have, or know of, a beachside house that can handle four or five families? Must have a pool and everybody needs their space if you know what I mean.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who knows something.

Sounds like a lot of people!

You will probably need 2 or 3 houses near each other. The rental agencies are used to these types of requests for reunions and weddings.

There are also some mini-condos in Seagrove that have 2-4 units in each.

How many bedrooms and total number of people, and dates?

pmiller

Beach Crab
Jul 20, 2005
At last count, we had 11 adults and 9 kids. And this is our SMALL group! I think one year we had 8 cottages at the old silver beach. We've been coming the last week of June running in to the first weekend in July(but we leave before the 4th). We really enjoy doing a lot of casual grilling, drinking and relaxing together while the kids play where we can see them. The Seagrove villas were ideal. We'd get the bottom floor motel rooms and have the best of all worlds; pool, ocean and rooms all within steps of each other. Are there many houses next to each other rented by the same companies? Some of us can share but some of us wonder if we'll drive each other nuts. Any info would be great. Thanks a lot.

Rather B Paddlin

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
Please visit our website www.beachescape.net . Our house Caribbean Breeze has 8 bedrooms (sleeps 26), 2 kitchens, 2 living rooms, and a large private pool. Make sure the house you choose has plenty of parking for your group. Caribbean Breeze has parking for 6-8 cars.

Good Luck. Book early, the larger houses get fully booked by end of September.

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I'm glad to see people helping out.

Don't be timid - members and lurkers are welcome to post their own rentals in this forum or info about others.

Rather B Paddlin

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
Ocean Lover,

Thanks, we are also Buckeyes. Buckyrus to be exact. Brats will be grillin 3rd week of August.

RBP

pmiller

Beach Crab
Jul 20, 2005
Rather B.,
Thanks to you and all others who have shown us so many choices. My wife and I were getting pretty excited looking at all the beautiful places. We have several folks to confer with but I LOVE the options so far!