Looking for a big house

Discussion in 'Rentals - Vacation' started by pmiller, Jul 22, 2005.

1. pmiller

pmiller Beach Crab

Hello all. Hope everyone is OK with all you've been through.
    My family and four or five others have been vacationing at the Seagrove villas and motel for the last six summers. Prior to that we were going to the old Silver beach cottages in Destin before they sold out to condo land.This group is worried that the villas (at least E building) won't make it. We don't do high rises. Anybody out there have, or know of, a beachside house that can handle four or five families? Must have a pool and everybody needs their space if you know what I mean.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who knows something.

2. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

Sounds like a lot of people!

You will probably need 2 or 3 houses near each other. The rental agencies are used to these types of requests for reunions and weddings.

There are also some mini-condos in Seagrove that have 2-4 units in each.

How many bedrooms and total number of people, and dates?

3. pmiller

pmiller Beach Crab

At last count, we had 11 adults and 9 kids. And this is our SMALL group! I think one year we had 8 cottages at the old silver beach. We've been coming the last week of June running in to the first weekend in July(but we leave before the 4th). We really enjoy doing a lot of casual grilling, drinking and relaxing together while the kids play where we can see them. The Seagrove villas were ideal. We'd get the bottom floor motel rooms and have the best of all worlds; pool, ocean and rooms all within steps of each other. Are there many houses next to each other rented by the same companies? Some of us can share but some of us wonder if we'll drive each other nuts. Any info would be great. Thanks a lot.

4. Just_In_Thyme

Just_In_Thyme Beach Lover

How many people in your party? Our house can sleep 23. Private pool 4th row from the house.

5. Just_In_Thyme

Just_In_Thyme Beach Lover

6. Rather B Paddlin

Rather B Paddlin Beach Lover

Please visit our website www.beachescape.net . Our house Caribbean Breeze has 8 bedrooms (sleeps 26), 2 kitchens, 2 living rooms, and a large private pool. Make sure the house you choose has plenty of parking for your group. Caribbean Breeze has parking for 6-8 cars.

Good Luck. Book early, the larger houses get fully booked by end of September.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2005
  7. Ocean Lover

Ocean Lover bean

Gorgeous homes Rather B.!

8. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

I'm glad to see people helping out.

Don't be timid - members and lurkers are welcome to post their own rentals in this forum or info about others.

9. Rather B Paddlin

Ocean Lover,

Thanks, we are also Buckeyes. Buckyrus to be exact. Brats will be grillin 3rd week of August.

RBP

10. pmiller

pmiller Beach Crab

Rather B.,
    Thanks to you and all others who have shown us so many choices. My wife and I were getting pretty excited looking at all the beautiful places. We have several folks to confer with but I LOVE the options so far!

11. wetwilly

wetwilly Beach Fanatic

pmiller,

Check out my new post on our new house in Eastern Lake area for rent (www.findvacationrentals.com/7475). PM me or hit the owner website link provided to see more details and pix. Good luck picking a place there are alot of great houses to choose from in Seagrove and SoWal.

:cool:

12. kathydwells

kathydwells Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname

Well Mr. Miller it looks like you are on the ball. To all of you who already know me (well, sorta, from the board) I am in this group with Mr. Miller. We have alot of memories made at the Villas, but I am sure with all of your help, we can find something comparable. Thanks for all of your help already. Pat, let me know if I can be of any help to.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2005
  13. kathydwells

kathydwells Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname

And thanks to you Kurt for making it possible for these folks to help out! :clap_1:

14. DBOldford

DBOldford Beach Fanatic

Conch Out at Grayton Beach might be a good choice for your family, if it is available. It sleeps 24, has six bedrooms (4 with private en suite baths and private access onto the decks, so great privacy); two of all appliances; parking for 6 cars; panoramic Gulf views from two wraparound decks lined with rockers; swimming pool; digital cable tv and movie channels in the great room and tv sets in all bedrooms; excellent beach access without necessity of walkovers; easy walking distance to shops and restaurants in Grayton; and located on a quiet private lane just off DeFuniak St. Rented through Rivard of South Walton.

Virtual tour of the house is accessible via http://www.emeraldcoasttours.com/17hotzavenue You can also view photos and the virtual tour by going to www.rivardnet.com and scrolling down to "property by name." We have lots of families who come back to Conch Out year after year, have kept the rent reasonable so that people can continue to enjoy their tradition.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2005
  15. Ocean Lover

Ocean Lover bean

Whoohoo Go Bucks! 43 days and counting (per my husband LOL) Will you be grillin brats for the game or is that Bucyrus Bratwurst Festival time? My neighbor once informed me she was the Bratwurst queen one year. I was impressed. :lol:

16. Rather B Paddlin

Hey O.L.,

Email me your neighbors name. Ask her did she ever work at Mac's Drivin everyone has worked there once. Go Bucks. Fyi - the baches are looking good, the dunes Gulf Front houses have some issues.

RBP

17. TooFarTampa

TooFarTampa SoWal Insider

Native of Tampa now in Boston 'burbs. Left my hear