• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
The folks who keep whining about low speed vehicles are getting tiresome.
1. Nowhere in Florida are environmentally friendly LSV's so vociferously opposed as on bulletin boards in Walton County.
2. Opponents say they're dangerous, yet insurance companies continue to beg to differ. Opponents argue insurance companies must have screwed up the math, and also that evolution shouldn't be taught.
3. Opponents, to suit their need for speed around 30A, say that 30A is a regular ole commercial district and that 30A is not a unique primarily tourist area. [Except that regular commercial highways, allow proposals for Hampton Inn's without much fanfare] hmmmm. maybe 30A is more than just a commercial highway, seems like folks agree with me now on that idea more than ever - duh.
4. LSV opponents prefer the 5 tonne Nissan Armada, or alternatively the 4 tonne GMC Yukon clog all roads on 30A at all times.
5. If you disagree, it must be because you have an ownership stake in these thar new fangled vehicle outfits.

Here's one more "whine". Tell your moron LSV drivers to stay off the "no motorized vehicles" bike path. They should at least be able to read much less act responsibly.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I don't like them but as long as they are legal then enforcement of traffic laws should happen. I will say this that most of the children who drive these things don't understand the rules of the road or don't care but I really wish that if adults are going to let children drive them and WCSO and FHP aren't going to enforce the laws they at least explain to them about moving over to the right for emergency vehicles. Oh wait, never mind that is essentially everyone that needs to remember that. Lets start with enforcement.

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
Seems to me that if the WCSO ticketed those who violate traffic laws that might solve some problems. Maybe if the rich parents who let their kids loose on these things had to pay stiff fines it might help.

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
The folks who keep whining about low speed vehicles are getting tiresome.
1. Nowhere in Florida are environmentally friendly LSV's so vociferously opposed as on bulletin boards in Walton County.
2. Opponents say they're dangerous, yet insurance companies continue to beg to differ. Opponents argue insurance companies must have screwed up the math, and also that evolution shouldn't be taught.
3. Opponents, to suit their need for speed around 30A, say that 30A is a regular ole commercial district and that 30A is not a unique primarily tourist area. [Except that regular commercial highways, allow proposals for Hampton Inn's without much fanfare] hmmmm. maybe 30A is more than just a commercial highway, seems like folks agree with me now on that idea more than ever - duh.
4. LSV opponents prefer the 5 tonne Nissan Armada, or alternatively the 4 tonne GMC Yukon clog all roads on 30A at all times.
5. If you disagree, it must be because you have an ownership stake in these thar new fangled vehicle outfits.

A golf cart isn't a LSV. I think driving my Toro down 30a would be an issue too. But I have a cool SoWal sticker on it so it is okay.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
What about my electric skateboard? If I add some seat belts and turn signals, can I ride with the big dogs?

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
Before I begin, I should point out that I don't own a LSV or a golf cart. At the risk of getting criticized for giving my point of view, I'm going to chime in with my humble opinion. The charm of 30A is that it is a laid back, classy, relaxing place that we are lucky enough to be a part of, some part time some full time. The golf carts are a part if that laid back atmosphere. When I am in a hurry to get somewhere, I take shortcuts and/or travel up to 98 at the first available opportunity. When I am on 30A, I enjoy taking in the scenery and charm of our beach paradise. It doesn't bother me to drive behind a golf cart or "LSV". I just thank God that I have been blessed to be able to be a part of this paradise.

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
A golf cart isn't a LSV. I think driving my Toro down 30a would be an issue too. But I have a cool SoWal sticker on it so it is okay.

I know exactly what you are saying but it still
is unfathomable to me when these idiots misinterpret their stupidity for "coolness". I can still see the moron dad having his less than teenage daughter drive very fast down the bike path away from Blue Mountain Creamery. Unbelievable at the total irresponsibility of that "dad".

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
I don't own a golf cart or LSV either but they're a fact of life in a lot of communities and they're "green". But since everybody is opposed to them as well as chain hotels why not add all the things folks don't like to the petition? And no I don't live on 30a but I have a feeling that some others who have opinions about what should be in or around 30a don't live on 30a either.

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
I don't own a golf cart or LSV either but they're a fact of life in a lot of communities and they're "green". But since everybody is opposed to them as well as chain hotels why not add all the things folks don't like to the petition? And no I don't live on 30a but I have a feeling that some others who have opinions about what should be in or around 30a don't live on 30a either.

Indeed, add them to the elitist list. And people who drive Chevy's too. In fact I think people should provide tax returns just to visit.

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005

My opinion on the chain hotels is based on the same feeling....30A has a special charm....it is a special kind of beachy town. It is 180 degrees different than PC with its crowded chain hotels and restaurants . I am on the side of those who are against a chain hotel being built on 30A. But that is a topic for another board.