• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I am sooooo with you on that one. I can't ever think of a time where 30A was a consideration if I had to get somewhere quickly. That's what 98 is for. I will say, though, that the 98 scenario is totally different for us on the west end of 30A than those on the east where the cut throughs stop at 395.

We used to use 30A as a shortcut years ago when 98 was two laned and a parking lot during the summer.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
We used to use 30A as a shortcut years ago when 98 was two laned and a parking lot during the summer.

amen! thanks for admitting its all about 1 minute of extra convenience.

umm. sorry if you live on Scenic 30A, you're going to have to leave a minute earlier in the future, in case you're stuck behind an LSV for 1 or 2 miles where you could have gone 45mPP ....

Like the above poster said, you're gonna have to find another route, or leave earlier (like 2 minutes).. let the violins play:lol:

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006

hey swg-boy, they decided to 4-lane 98 instead of 30A. Would you have preferred they 4 laned 30 A instead? or perhaps you'd prefer an elevated freeway through 30A like through Detroit, Philadelphia etc. A case study in urban planning - yes.

Sorry dude, you're livingin the wrong place .. Slowing people down, with narrow streets, stop signs, limits, etc... tends to creates livable communities.

Maybe you should go and picket the godfather of New Urbanisn when he comes to town... let him know how important it is for you to get to your job 1 minute earlier - and that you don't have the extra minute to leave earlier, or take "U.S." highway 98.

umm. sorry if you live on Scenic 30A, you're going to have to leave a minute earlier in the future, in case you're stuck behind an LSV for 1 or 2 miles where you could have gone 45mPP ....

Like the above poster said, you're gonna have to find another route, or leave earlier (like 2 minutes).. let the violins play:lol:

Since they are NOT lowering the speed limit on 30a to 35mph, what the hell are you babbling about here? This thread is like a train wreck, it derailed when it struck that dead horse twenty miles back... :roll:

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

hey swg-boy, they decided to 4-lane 98 instead of 30A. Would you have preferred they 4 laned 30 A instead? or perhaps you'd prefer an elevated freeway through 30A like through Detroit, Philadelphia etc. A case study in urban planning - yes.

Sorry dude, you're livingin the wrong place .. Slowing people down, with narrow streets, stop signs, limits, etc... tends to creates livable communities.

Maybe you should go and picket the godfather of New Urbanisn when he comes to town... let him know how important it is for you to get to your job 1 minute earlier - and that you don't have the extra minute to leave earlier, or take "U.S." highway 98.

It's nice to see someone excited about their cause, however misguided, but did you actually read my post? It says very clearly that we used 30A as a short cut before they 4 laned Hwy 98. At that time 98 was a parking lot from one end to the other during the summer, you could slip down 30A and even if it were only 35mph the entire way you would still have come out way ahead.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
It's nice to see someone excited about their cause, however misguided, but did you actually read my post? It says very clearly that we used 30A as a short cut before they 4 laned Hwy 98. At that time 98 was a parking lot from one end to the other during the summer, you could slip down 30A and even if it were only 35mph the entire way you would still have come out way ahead.

I did. You hate the resort feel of the area, that took off starting around 2000 and brought all the people, b/c you can't whisp down 30A now like you used to.... I get it. thanks for your viewpoint. Thanks for your honesty. You're after a speed limit cruise down 30A. I get it. I think its heading the other way, but maybe if a great depression really happens, you'll be able to wisk down 30A again only seeing tumbleweed.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
Since they are NOT lowering the speed limit on 30a to 35mph, what the hell are you babbling about here? This thread is like a train wreck, it derailed when it struck that dead horse twenty miles back... :roll:

Would you please stop chiming in with your lame attempts to shut down a legitimate discussion.

Would you please stop chiming in with your lame attempts to shut down a legitimate discussion.

That was my first post on this thread, where exactly are my 'lame attempts' to shut it down? Your lucidity seems to be slipping. I will let you get back to your LSV flag waving then. :wave:

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
That was my first post on this thread, where exactly are my 'lame attempts' to shut it down? Your lucidity seems to be slipping. I will let you get back to your LSV flag waving then. :wave:

:wave: so long, and congrats on the great first post on this thread.
Judging by your list of friends, its not surprising you're coming down on their side of it..... grayt, good on you.... you're being a good soldier - now I would suggest you train your eyes on other threads that don't touch on Urban Planning, Community Design & Transportation Issues in South Walton - they're SUCH open and shut cases to you, Dougas the Emperor. :clap:

Too bad I had to be saucy here, b/c I sense you're probably a nice fella that likes to fit in with the crowd, whichever way they think that wind is blowing