• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
We have been renting almost exclusively through Dune-Allen for more than 10 years. Don't know about others experiences with them, but of late, their customer service has really gone downhill. I can't even get them to answer a simple question. Management does not return phone calls, either.

audie

fartblossom
May 15, 2005
JB said:
We have been renting almost exclusively through Dune-Allen for more than 10 years. Don't know about others experiences with them, but of late, their customer service has really gone downhill. I can't even get them to answer a simple question. Management does not return phone calls, either.

we have been renting with dune allen for about 5 years, and while have no had outstanding service, have been taken care of. 2 yrs ago the air conditioner was out on the house we rented, we called and they had someone there the next morning, so we were pleased about that. we on the other hand have had great service with resort-quest. they have always bent over backwards for us.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
audie said:
we have been renting with dune allen for about 5 years, and while have no had outstanding service, have been taken care of. 2 yrs ago the air conditioner was out on the house we rented, we called and they had someone there the next morning, so we were pleased about that. we on the other hand have had great service with resort-quest. they have always bent over backwards for us.

I don't necessarily mean their response to problems while you are occupying one of their rentals, but rather their overall customer service and generally unhelpful attitude of their employees. Lately, their attitude seems to be "we don't care if you rent from us or not." Their phone reservationists are not particularly friendly and they can't seem to provide a straight answer to even the most simple question. I always get "well, I'll need to check with management on that and get back to you." Problem is, they never "get back to me," which forces me to call again, each time getting more and more frustrated.

Like I said, I have been dealing with them for more than 10 years and there has been a steady, noticible drop-off in their willingness to help customers with legitimate questions/issues.

I have probably dropped somewhere in the neighborhood of 20K with these folks over the years and feel I deserve a little better.

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
wetwilly said:
We self rent and also use BRSW. When we bought the house we met with Mary Brown at BRSW, walked the house, discussed what both sides expected from the relationship, my wife handles any issues with the cleanliness or household items and I handle any issues with the bookings, $$, and any maintenance items. We have had several minor issues with BRSW but we always seem to get positive results at the end of the day. In the year that we have been with them, we have been down 4-5 times and we always go by their office and say hi and discuss any issues outstanding or just let them know about the positive things as well. So, as you discribed, we treat the relationship as a partnership and with respect and all is going pretty well. I am getting the majority of the bookings this coming season from my 3 self rental sites but BRSW got us some very good guests last season. The biggest issues have been some nit picky charges on the monthly statement and some follow thru with some issues but over time they have been good for us. I figure that you get out of the relationship what you put into it and I have heard some real horror stories about rental companies. Not everyone has had a good experience with BRSW but we are happy.

:cool:
We were happy too our first year with them. Check back with us next year. I won't bore you with all of our experiences but I do have a good one to share. We had 3 rental homes with BRSW at one time and had referred dozens of new clients to them as well. We had an issue with one of our homes, lack of rents or something, and my wife called Mary to politely complain and remind her of our loyalty to their company to try and improve the situation. She was told and I quote, "We've got you 10 weeks already on your other home". Of the 10 weeks that she was referring to, we had booked 9 of them through VRBO. They were so out of touch with what was going on and so overloaded with all of their accounts that we didn't feel that we would ever get decent service from them again. It was a happy day when I convinced my wife to move. Good luck and I sincerely hope you receive continued satisfaction.

audie

fartblossom
May 15, 2005
JB said:
I don't necessarily mean their response to problems while you are occupying one of their rentals, but rather their overall customer service and generally unhelpful attitude of their employees. Lately, their attitude seems to be "we don't care if you rent from us or not." Their phone reservationists are not particularly friendly and they can't seem to provide a straight answer to even the most simple question. I always get "well, I'll need to check with management on that and get back to you." Problem is, they never "get back to me," which forces me to call again, each time getting more and more frustrated.

Like I said, I have been dealing with them for more than 10 years and there has been a steady, noticible drop-off in their willingness to help customers with legitimate questions/issues.

I have probably dropped somewhere in the neighborhood of 20K with these folks over the years and feel I deserve a little better.

i understand what you are saying, and like i said, i've never had anything bad, just never anything outstanding either.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
steeleing1 said:
Well, I have rented from them, and I am also a life-time Grayton local who has always recommended Rivard to my friends who visit SoWal, and I have always been very satisfied with the customer service at Rivard. Those who actually answer the phones and handle my reservations are friendly and professional.

I can't imagine the man in the red corvette felt in any way threatened by me (a female, actually) since he is twice my size and age. I got the impression that he was trying to avoid me because he simply didn't care.

based on just this experience alone, i will not be recomending anyone towards rivard. there are too many players out there with great product. a rude litterbug can have a little less potential business imo. S1, it would have been great if you walked right in behind him and asked to cancel your reservation. :nono1:

jr

Okay, so every week we have another crisis with damage and repairs needed. The renters deny doing it, and we end up having to pay for it. What is the point of a damage deposit if you never get a dime back for the damage? If the rental management company isn't confident that they've properly inspected the house between renters, then of course they can't blame the most recent renter. Have any of you ever gotten anything back from a damage deposit? We haven't. It's as though our rental company doesn't want to offend the renters, and they'd rather screw us than offend a potential customer. I am sick of it. :puke:

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
Hi, Beachrunner...We have had damage twice at Conch Out. One Christmas, the family dragged a Xmas tree stand across our recently refinished hardwood floors, leaving a huge scratch. Of course, the entire floor had to be redone, to the tune of about $1,200. The people were required to pay, had a hissy fit and fell into it, never rented with us again. (Good riddance.) The second time, was the time we had a bunch of unchaperoned underage kids who threw a drunk there. The damage was less daunting than the description, the latter being revolting. I had the management company take photos and also send the disgusting sex DVDs that were in the CD player to the parent who rented. They paid for damages and even wrote a letter of apology. So we have had no problems with getting damages paid.

However, you are right that the companies don't want to make renters unhappy. They just want to keep them coming back. I have had a hard time convincing ours at times that damages are simply not acceptable. Nor are unchaperoned, underage kids fueled by alcohol. I mean, it's not the stuff I'm worried about, but our liability. Good luck. Your place looks so nice, and a pity that someone would not value how nice you made it for renters.