Management Company Experiences

Discussion in 'Rentals - Vacation' started by SablePoint, Jan 10, 2006.

1. neice

neice Beach Lover

Have any of you homeowners ever noticed or thought about how many and how often there had to be more glasses, forks, spoons, blenders, toasters these kinds of things replaced? Two nameless companies I worked for I saw this happen from the supervisor asst. supervisor they needed that item at home or the office and they would bill it to a homeowner and the homeowners are being bill for that the stuff never goes in their house or condo. That is one advantage to having indivdual housekeepers you know when you buy something if it is being put in the unit or not.

2. imasunbum

imasunbum Beach Fanatic

That is terrible - never thought about it. Thanks for sharing.

3. Paula

Paula Beach Fanatic

I keep track of our monthly statement expenses every month and I visit the cottages about every other month so I can match expenses with what has actually been done. I have never had that happen, though I did notice that once I was charged for a filter that wasn't changed. Wasn't much, but at least the agency/cleaning/filter repair person knows that I stay on top of these things. And I'm typically very appreciative of what the management company does, so they seem me as someone who is not looking for problems, but rather as an active property owner who is aware of what's going on at her cottages. It works for the management company as well as for me.

4. 2bohemians

2bohemians Beach Fanatic

Property Management Company - Long & Short Term

Hi all,
    We've recently learned of a new Property Management company in the area for long & short term rentals. It is our understanding that several companies have exited the business while many of the other well-knowns are not accepting any new clients. If you are interested, please feel free to email us and we will get them in touch with you.

5. Paula

Paula Beach Fanatic

Hmmm... Which ones have exited the business? What do people do when they have renters coming to stay and an agency goes out of business :eek:

6. 2bohemians

2bohemians Beach Fanatic

Not sure about details ... that was just some information that was passed along to us recently .... hope it's not someone you are currently using ...

7. Santiago

Santiago Beach Fanatic

If you are currently with BRSW and are thinking of moving to Sunburst, be prepared to kick yourself in the a-- for not doing it sooner. They are lightyears ahead in terms of customer service. They do limit their new clientele and try to choose carefully which homes that they take. They have an actual business plan that includes controlled growth while maintaining excellent customer service. Imagine that. Needless to say, we have been extremely pleased.

8. wincha

wincha Beach Crab

we have used vrbo many times all over the country and have had great experiences.

9. Unplugged

Unplugged Beach Fanatic

I have heard good things about BRSW. Do they allow owners to book their own guests and use their own proprietary housekeeper?

10. tariail

tariail Beach Lover

Anyone who can share experience with Emerald Sun Properties, in Seagrove Beach?

Thanks!

11. Paula

Paula Beach Fanatic

Hi Unplugged:
    BRSW will let you market your properties (e.g., vrbo or other online sites), but I believe the renters need to book the properties through BRSW. I don't know about using your own proprietary housekeeper, though. We've been pleased with BRSW. We had one other agency before and think BRSW is much better with the cleaning and I think better with the customer service as well.

12. 2bohemians

2bohemians Beach Fanatic

If anyone needs help with long-term rentals --- send us a private message and we will get you the details of someone who may be able to help you.