• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Huntclose

Beach Comber
Jun 2, 2006
Anything on the Board Meeting at Seacrest on issuing Pool Passes out to rental agencies??

I think it was brought up last week. :banned:

Thanks in advance for anything.

Hunt

neice

Beach Lover
Aug 7, 2006
Florala,
Re: House Keeping Experiences

I was just reading over some of these discussions and you'll are very right. I have been cleaning houses and condos on the beach for 8 years and have worked with rental companies and on my own. It is so very true that if you have a good housekeeper take care of them and keep them, because as the lady said they see a little of everything as they go in to clean and they stay in close contact with you and will let you know how "everything" is going it makes it a little easier for the owner knowing if there is any damage, problems or whatever it may be they can rely on their house keeper to call them. I don't think some people realize some of the things these house keepers really find and have to clean up. But I will tell you from working with some of the rental companies they do now stay on top of their house keepers and things they don't want the owners to know has happened, and to me that is not right it is your house and be it good or bad you need to know, that way you know how to thank your guest, with a welcomeing warm return or damage receipt.
The lady that talked about giving her housekeeper a week free that was so nice if you have a one that does a good job after a season of what they do they deserve it. I don't see charging the owner extra for cleaning out the fridge that is all part of the cleaning to me as the saying goes you have to take the good with the bad. Like I tell some of my home owners when I get new houses to clean I am gonna tell you everything I find or see whether it is big or small and if you don't think it is important overlook it, but that way I don't forget to tell you what I found or has happened. Because it might not seem important to me but will be very important to you as the owner. Just want to give a imput from working on the inside. Hope all of you Homeowners had a wonderful season I know it is coming to a end, And best wishes for a wonderful season to come.

beach dawg

Beach Comber
Mar 22, 2005
Marietta, GA
We just found out our management company is adding a mandatory "amenity fee" - our rates will be raised 10% (250.00) to cover ...
  • one round of golf per day (based on availablity)
  • one pass to Big Kahuna per day
  • unlimited movie rentals
  • one adult admission to Marine Park

Not too thrilled about this - would rather have the amenity package include beach chairs and bicycle rentals. So... we are looking at new managment companies. Any thoughts?

Has anyone used Sunburst?

Thanks everyone!

Huntclose

Beach Comber
Jun 2, 2006
Lets see if we can add a call MARY FEE.

Add 10% for the worst experiance of your life.

Fee this MARY.:clap_1:

dbuck

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
KY
We just found out our management company is adding a mandatory "amenity fee" - our rates will be raised 10% (250.00) to cover ...
  • one round of golf per day (based on availablity)
  • one pass to Big Kahuna per day
  • unlimited movie rentals
  • one adult admission to Marine Park
Not too thrilled about this - would rather have the amenity package include beach chairs and bicycle rentals. So... we are looking at new managment companies. Any thoughts?

Has anyone used Sunburst?

Thanks everyone!

As a renter, I will now check out their rentals because the golf per day is a big draw for us (my husband). That is one reason we have mostly rented through Destin companies that have the amenity package. As a matter of fact, we rented through the same company several times and once they dropped the golf we quit renting from them.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Our management company did the same thing -- we must use the same management company. I don't know anything about ammenities being a draw or not. I suppose it's mixed. Personally, it wouldn't be a draw for me as a renter because we're not golfers and we usually don't go to the parks during peak season (Big Kahuna, Marine park). I agree that beach chairs and umbrellas would be a great ammenity for many people, though I could see the beaches getting more and more cluttered.

A good part of our rentals come from VRBO and the ammenity fee isn't charged for owner rentals, from what I understand. Those people don't get charged a fee, nor do they get the ammenity package. But we leave them information in the cottages about where to go golfing and other activities (Big Kahunbas). And we leave videos and beach chairs/umbrellas and other things in the cottages as well.

I plan to stay with our management company and see how the ammenity package works out because we've been happy so far. If the number of rentals we get goes up because of the new ammenity plan, I'll be happy. If they go down, I'll be unhappy. I'm willing to wait it out and see what happens. It's new to me.

Huntclose

Beach Comber
Jun 2, 2006
Re: Lets start a to 10 Reason for getting rid of the Rental Agency

Top 10 Reasons we are happy for getting rid of the Rental Agency

1- ADDED FEES STAY IN MY CHECKING ACCOUNT NOW!!!
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

Rather B Paddlin

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
As a renter, I will now check out their rentals because the golf per day is a big draw for us (my husband). That is one reason we have mostly rented through Destin companies that have the amenity package. As a matter of fact, we rented through the same company several times and once they dropped the golf we quit renting from them.

Dbuck,

I am sure you are paying for the amenities package in your rent. This increase will be passed onto the renters, most of whom will not utilize the freebies. If the nameless rental agency is who I think it is, they would be better off getting the houses cleaner , getting them ready by check in time, on time, getting items fixed in the houses, and treating both the owners and renters with respect.

I agree with Paula. Bikes and chairs/umbrella service would get more use. Unlimited movie rentals is indeed a good idea, Big Kahunas is a very bad, bad idea. Do it once during the prime season and you will understand.

RBP

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
I don't understand why the management agencies don't put together a separate amenities package for rentors that they can purchase separately at a discounted rate? From a marketing perspective, I can see that they are getting monies for amenities that some or none may be used:blink: .

Then what golf courses are they offering? Some people prefer different courses.
I am not a golfer, so what is the costs to play for a day?