• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

March Madness

New posts
I knew LadyD was going to be fired up! SOWALROUNDBALL is ready for round 2 and all looks well except for Duke and Gonzaga being gone. :clap_1:
 
I knew LadyD was going to be fired up! SOWALROUNDBALL is ready for round 2 and all looks well except for Duke and Gonzaga being gone. :clap_1:

Yeah Skunky, you are right, I am fired up after that great game they played yesterday. They were just two points away from setting a record for the highest points scored ever of 123 points, maybe during the Ernie and Bernie days of Tennessee basketball. They tied the record for the most points scored in the first round of an NCAA tournament game equaling the mark set by UNLV back in 1977 and tied their own single game scoring record. They must have had multiple bowls of Wheaties yesterday, hah hah! However, I do not think they will have it as easy Sunday against the Virginia Cavaliers. But if they could play like they did yesterday they would have a darn good chance. And yeah, Gonzaga didn't look as good as they have in the past. Now Butler, that is a team that can cause some problems for many teams. They somehow manage to have such great defense that many opponets they play are held to under 50 points a game, as was the case in the game they won the other day. At least 4 of the 5 SEC teams are still in.:biggrin:
 
Last edited:
Debubs, I have a feeling about Tennesee this year. A weird, gut feeling.
 
I knew LadyD was going to be fired up! SOWALROUNDBALL is ready for round 2 and all looks well except for Duke and Gonzaga being gone. :clap_1:

Yep. Those messed me up a little, but I should be fine. As long as Vandy and Tennesee hang with me. I have 3 teams from the SEC in my final 4. And Ohio State is nowhere to be found.
 
:clap_1: TENNESSEE:clap_1:

:drink2: :blush:

Tennessee has to get past Virginia first tomorrow. And if they do, they will meet Ohio State again after losing to them earlier in the season in the closing seconds by 2 points, and this was at Ohio, and it looked like Tennessee had that game won. :eek: Sorry Xavier didn't knock them off. They allowed them to tie it up with 5 seconds left. And of course, Ohio State ran all over them in the overtime. :bang: And what did I say about Butler. They didn't hold Maryland to under 50 points but they won. That game I feel was a pretty even match though. Butler has a fantastic team, small quick guys. BTW, go Vandy, they are playing right now. :biggrin:
 
Poor Xavier. :( Choke choke artichoke.
 
R-O-L-L-T-I...I mean go Vandy go!!! :floor:

So pumped! 2 OTs. I love it.
 
I see Tennessee going home today. They are not playing well against Virginia. They were leading by 7 when I came out of church but have gone fairly cold. Tennessee is doing the same as they did against LSU in the SEC tournament, too many attempts at 3 point shots and them not falling. Tennessee used to win games with their free throw shooting, even as of last year. They shot over 80% as a team, their free throw shooting has not been as reliable this year, always for the most part missing one of two. I knew when they played so good the entire game the other day it would haunt them today, and it has. And when they are down at halftime, their winning percentage is not so good. So I figure it will be the end of the road for them today, and it might be best, they won't get past Ohio State if they did win this game. Too many cheap fouls are being called against them also, and Virginia is not getting called for the hacks they are committing. Doesn't surprise me. Just have to vent. They obviously didn't have their Wheaties today. If they come back and win this one it will be a miracle. :(
 
Well, I have to eat my words. Yay Big Orange We did it! Made it to the Sweet 16, barely! But a win is a win. Whew,was I sweating! Great comeback for the Vols being down by 3 at halftime and coming back on their big run in the second half. :clap_1: :biggrin:
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top