• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Busta Hustle

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2007
In many cases (Walton County for one) governments are overloaded. Tax receipts are down, the number of workers are down and the remaining are stretched thin, and needs for legitimate services have skyrocketed.

Ah poor little rich county Walton. In 2000 the total expenditures for running Walton general government (not including schools) was just over $50 million. In 2007 it peaked at a $137 million.

During that time period county wokers ballooned from 651 in 2000
to 930 in 2007. +279 (not including schools)

Government expenditures only went down to $119 million by fiscal end 2009 and workers were only reduced by 33 to 897.

Keep em warm buy em dinner and throw in some Christmas presents for the kids.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
idlewind, I may have missed your announcement, but could you share with us which charities in Walton County will be having a cold shelter tonight?

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Students are allowed to get away with behavior that will not be tolerated in the workplace. So they wonder why they get fired when they talk to the boss like they talked to every other adult whose authority they have been under. It goes on and on and on. The issues are deep and cannot be fixed with soundbites and warm fuzzy feelings.

A great argument for better discipline in the schools. Why didn't I think of it. But you are right. I see young employees talk to supervisors in ways every day that I find just amazing. But it is because they do not know any better. Maybe a new direction in this State will result in some changes, but probably not.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
In many cases (Walton County for one) governments are overloaded. Tax receipts are down, the number of workers are down and the remaining are stretched thin, and needs for legitimate services have skyrocketed.

Ah poor little rich county Walton. In 2000 the total expenditures for running Walton general government (not including schools) was just over $50 million. In 2007 it peaked at a $137 million.

During that time period county wokers ballooned from 651 in 2000
to 930 in 2007. +279 (not including schools)

Government expenditures only went down to $119 million by fiscal end 2009 and workers were only reduced by 33 to 897.

Keep em warm buy em dinner and throw in some Christmas presents for the kids.

Most that is the completion of capital projects. Except for single cases of who knows what, there have been no real reductions in recurring government expenses in this county or State for that matter.