• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
At the May 7 meeting of the Emerald Coast Meditation Society, Felicia McQuaid will talk about the power of reiki and the role of faith in the healing process. She will share insights from her new book, "Uncommon Faith: The Journey from Difficulty to Divine Purpose."

The free meeting will start with a silent 30-minute meditation at 6:30 p.m. at Christ the King Episcopal Church parish hall, at 480 N. Co. Hwy. 393, Santa Rosa Beach, one-half mile north of Hwy. 98. The ECMS is ecumenical and does not follow any religion.

“Witness how uncommon faith can lead you to unimaginable heights in your heart and in your life,” says McQuaid. In her book, she shares her personal journey of transforming her own difficulties into a divine purpose, sharing life lessons that anyone can use to transform their own internal struggles.

“Reiki taught me the power of self-healing and self-care,” she says. “Reiki taught me to have faith in my own ability to heal, and to release the old. It offered me a tangible connection to an unlimited source of energy, one that was full of compassion and love such as I had not known before.”

For more than a decade McQuaid has used reiki, yoga and energy work to train, transform and touch thousands of lives through her work as the owner of THE Healing Clinic of Fort Walton Beach. During this time, she has also traveled extensively as a motivational speaker and teacher.

McQuaid’s training includes two different types of reiki master training, in 2005 and 2009; in 2010, graduation from the Source Institute of Massage Therapy; Level One Galactic Healing in 2011; Level One and Two Theta Healing in 2012; also 2012, certified as an Angel Therapist; and in 2015 Level One Pranic Healing.

McQuaid was born and raised in Kansas and has lived in Florida since the early 1990s. She has two children.

The evening will conclude with a short guided meditation. Anyone who needs meditation instruction should arrive by 6:15 p.m. Contact nancyjames@embarqmail.com for information.

https://www.facebook.com/events/346495662226097/