• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
I'm still proud of her. She persevered, and I saw one picture of her in her cute pink cast!

Happy healing, Sassy, and best of luck to you in all the other stuff you have going on...:clap:

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
I'm still proud of her. She persevered, and I saw one picture of her in her cute pink cast!

Happy healing, Sassy, and best of luck to you in all the other stuff you have going on...:clap:

Miss%20National%20Peanut%20053.jpg

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Thanks for posting the link Jfunn and thanks for pointing this picture out NH. She is an amazingly strong young woman that is for sure. Love the pink dress and cast she looks gorgeous in the pic. Now relax Sassy, you have earned a well deserved break. Rest and recuperate gull.

I'm still in shock over the cost of entering this pageant...what about the state pageants or Miss America or Miss USA? I guess that's where the big sponsors come in eh?

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Sassy you looked great from the photos I could see of you. You are certainly a determined young woman....

NOW, who is going to the fair?? We are going the last weekend...who wants to road trip????

teribull5

Beach Comber
Sep 10, 2007
Hi SoWallers,
I am so sorry that it has taken a LONG time to post. This is my first real breath of slow air. Stay tuned for the novella!!
Sassy did a great job at Peanut! She was beautiful! She made Top 5 at Verbal Communication for her impromptu response on self-confidence, but didn't make Top Ten. I am so proud of her for just competing because she was totally exhausted after her accident and never had time to slow down and recover. Her college class obligations, high school activities, and Miss Walton County activities kept her one of the busiest young women in the state. She endured- even when her arm ached after hours of rehearsing, changing clothes, and performing.
Kurt sent her a SoWal t-shirt which she loves-- thanks Kurt!
She had a great time being with the other girls and they helped her with everything. Other contestants had to roll her hair and set it every day. Sassy learned what she can achieve even when life isn't going her way. She learned how God always sends what and who you need when you need it and that everyone needs other people sometimes. She has a renewed faith in her peers, her community, and in God.
Sassy had been worried about the $$$$ we still owed on her wardrobe because we had to cancel all fund raisers after her accident. Neither she nor I had the energy or time to continue with them and take care of classes, medical appointments, and final wardrobe fittings in Dothan. Then, the day before she left for Peanut, she was getting together her gift basket that had to represent her community and be exchanged with another contestant. She went to pick up the last item from a wonderful Christian lady who owns a local business. In addition to a pink t-shirt, this angel from God gave her checks to cover the remainder of the wardrobe bill. Sassy called me on my cell phone in pure hysterical sobs. I thought she had been involved in another wreck, but she was just overcome with gratitiude. At that point, Sassy realized that the journey to Peanut was the priceless part- not the crown.
Sassy has painful physical therapy 2-3 times a week. Hopefully, she will develop full range of motion in her left wrist- in the future.She purchased a 1996 Ford Explorer, this past Friday, with the insurance money, but she still has the medical bill settlement portion to contend with.
She is competing in Miss Hometown Christmas on November 30th because {1} she has a beautiful dress- may as well use it and {2}at least 4 girls will win scholarship money in that pageant. Pray that she has a great time and leaves with some textbook money for FSU or Troy next year.
If we can locate her a ride, she will be participating in the Seaside Christmas Parade and Tree-Lighting on November 24th. Hope to see some of you there! If you know other Walton County events she can volunteer time for or participate in, please e-mail us at misswaltoncounty2007@yahoo.com.
I will try to send other pictures to wonderful Minnie later today or tomorrow.
Sassy and I will try to do a better job of updating the Saga of Sassy in the future.
Have a blessed day!!
Teresa

LightWorker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Home Sweet Home
journals.aol.com
Hi SoWallers,
I am so sorry that it has taken a LONG time to post. This is my first real breath of slow air. Stay tuned for the novella!!
Sassy did a great job at Peanut! She was beautiful! She made Top 5 at Verbal Communication for her impromptu response on self-confidence, but didn't make Top Ten. I am so proud of her for just competing because she was totally exhausted after her accident and never had time to slow down and recover. Her college class obligations, high school activities, and Miss Walton County activities kept her one of the busiest young women in the state. She endured- even when her arm ached after hours of rehearsing, changing clothes, and performing.
Kurt sent her a SoWal t-shirt which she loves-- thanks Kurt!
She had a great time being with the other girls and they helped her with everything. Other contestants had to roll her hair and set it every day. Sassy learned what she can achieve even when life isn't going her way. She learned how God always sends what and who you need when you need it and that everyone needs other people sometimes. She has a renewed faith in her peers, her community, and in God.
Sassy had been worried about the $$$$ we still owed on her wardrobe because we had to cancel all fund raisers after her accident. Neither she nor I had the energy or time to continue with them and take care of classes, medical appointments, and final wardrobe fittings in Dothan. Then, the day before she left for Peanut, she was getting together her gift basket that had to represent her community and be exchanged with another contestant. She went to pick up the last item from a wonderful Christian lady who owns a local business. In addition to a pink t-shirt, this angel from God gave her checks to cover the remainder of the wardrobe bill. Sassy called me on my cell phone in pure hysterical sobs. I thought she had been involved in another wreck, but she was just overcome with gratitiude. At that point, Sassy realized that the journey to Peanut was the priceless part- not the crown.
Sassy has painful physical therapy 2-3 times a week. Hopefully, she will develop full range of motion in her left wrist- in the future.She purchased a 1996 Ford Explorer, this past Friday, with the insurance money, but she still has the medical bill settlement portion to contend with.
She is competing in Miss Hometown Christmas on November 30th because {1} she has a beautiful dress- may as well use it and {2}at least 4 girls will win scholarship money in that pageant. Pray that she has a great time and leaves with some textbook money for FSU or Troy next year.
If we can locate her a ride, she will be participating in the Seaside Christmas Parade and Tree-Lighting on November 24th. Hope to see some of you there! If you know other Walton County events she can volunteer time for or participate in, please e-mail us at misswaltoncounty2007@yahoo.com.
I will try to send other pictures to wonderful Minnie later today or tomorrow.
Sassy and I will try to do a better job of updating the Saga of Sassy in the future.
Have a blessed day!!
Teresa

:clap::clap::clap:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I would think someone here has a nice convertable for her to ride in.....

If I had one I would loan it.... our Brownie troop would love to see a
"real life princess" :love: and they will be in the parade that day

sassysue920

Beach Comber
Jul 7, 2007
Hi everyone,
I hope your holidays have been blessed. I go back to the Orthopedic Surgeon for a final visit next week. My last physical therapy appt. is also next week. I am hoping I can stunt again with my cheerleading squad --after the holidays.
I am in need of a$$i$tance once again . I am raising funds for Hoodies for Heroes. I will be sending black hoodies to the wounded American soldiers at Landstuhl Army Regional Medical Center in Germany. The chaplains there give them to our US soldiers who are receiving medical care before they return to the states. I sent 3 large boxes of t-shirts, hoodies,blankets and backpacks early this year and the soldiers liked the hoodies best, so this time I am just sending hoodies.
The first ones will say " You Rank #1 with Walton County, Florida" because I have about 25 decals left that say that, but I am hoping to design new ones with a new Hoodies for Heroes logo. It costs about $14 to send 1 American hero this small token of appreciation, so if you would like to sponsor a hoodie please send donations to:
Sassy Bogart
c/o David Pert
Walton High School
555 Walton Road
DeFuniak Springs, Florida 32433
I will be collecting donations through mid-January and any $$ amount is appreciated .
Thanks everyone for everything!! My Sowal buddies are the best!
Sassy