• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Bill and Danny, you both are great examples of what our community needs desperately. Solid, respectable, informed and willing to be involved. If we were all like you then we would have a better community. Many of us are good at whining and complaining but do very little else. We justify our lack of involvement with many excuses. Both of you and a few others in this forum are inspiring to those like me who fall in the "whine and cheese" category (quote from Kaydence that I apply to myself). I have personally witnessed many abuses in infrastructure planning, designing and building. I found out quickly that one voice is but a whisper to those officials in charge of planning, designing and building infrastructure but I believe that many voices become a loud roar. One voice will be dismissed rather quickly. Multiple voices not so fast. Enough voices and things get done. I know it is hard to get everyone on the same page and it seems that those making the loudest roar at the moment is big development. Big developers have big money and lawyers which translates to regulations that only benefit them while the rest of us are left behind. Our only hope is that we will stand together and be heard...

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Danny, sent the following to all of the Commissioners and only got a response from Mrs. Nipper who agrees with my comment. Also asked Mac Carpenter who originated/promoted this change, no response from him either.

Commissioners, you have paid a lot of money to have Matrix review our LDC and Comp Plan. Why on earth would you make any changes before you receive and review their recommendations? I would also like to know who is recommending/promoting this change? Thank you,

Bill Fletcher

Mac Carpenter is an idiot but that's what you and Ms. Nipper pushed for as Director of the Planning Department. You got what you asked for Mr. Fletcher. Hate to say I told ya so, but I did and even gave you the documentation which should have been a clear indicator he is not what this County needed. The City recognized it, they voted him OUT of office.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017
DeFuniak Springs
Danny, sent the following to all of the Commissioners and only got a response from Mrs. Nipper who agrees with my comment. Also asked Mac Carpenter who originated/promoted this change, no response from him either.

Commissioners, you have paid a lot of money to have Matrix review our LDC and Comp Plan. Why on earth would you make any changes before you receive and review their recommendations? I would also like to know who is recommending/promoting this change? Thank you,

Bill Fletcher

Isn't Nipper on a different Continent?

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Just to show you how "ethical" Mac Carpenter is....the County vehicle assigned to him used to be regularly parked at City Hall where he met with Mayor Bob Campbell behind closed doors and OUT OF THE SUNSHINE! Yes, that just what this County needed another man with no ethics! Welcome to the crowd!

Last edited:

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I was just pointing out that while yes she answered an email she is not in the county/state/country. That's great that she is serving the Country....well great for everyone but the people in her district.

Are you alleging her district is not being represented? I got some other news for ya, this has come up by design. If Nipper is opposed to it what better time to push this than during her absence? Even if she voted no it wouldn't have made any difference. There is always a 3 /2 vote on the BCC when it comes to controversy. My guess (and that's all it is) is Comander will vote no. If I'm wrong I'll admit that also.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Alleging? Its a fact....she is not here. I bet that if C. Jones was in Africa you would be posting non-stop about it.

Actually, I would prefer C Jones would be anywhere except an elected member of the bcc and would be thrilled not to have to look at her face! The vote went just exactly as predicted Jones, chapman, and anderson voted to go along with this ridiculous bs!

Sun Chaser

Beach Lover
Aug 18, 2015
Miramar Beach
There has been an argument for this change made by at least one commissioner that we want to be like our neighboring counties. There are many reasons we don't want to be like them. One of them is the uniqueness of how SoWal treasures our Coastal Dune Lakes.

Taking a simple map view of the west end of Panama City Beach, it appears there are former coastal dune lakes, but they have been blocked off. In the past, I have driven around some of these lakes to try and see if they were CDL but I could confirm for sure.

Are there any old timers who remember if these lakes in PCB actually were coastal dune lakes that opened to the Gulf? Because if they in fact did, you could add this as another reason why NOT to be like Bay County and be more preservation minded vs. wreckless development.

See for yourself: Google Maps

Last edited: