• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
There are rumors flying about Seaside and all the changes they are going to make in the near future. Does anyone know about plans for the Seaside Neighborhood School? The latest news is that the property where the school is will be sold for homesites. It sounds improbable, but not impossible.

One thing that is true is that the Seaside Medical Arts Building has been sold. Dr. Varnadore is being evicted by the new owners. He is currently looking for somewhere to relocate, but there is the possibility that he may leave 30-A altogether. For those of us who live on 30-A, he is our doctor.

Without shops, a doctor's office, and even a school, Seaside won't be a "town" anymore. It is very sad, but we all know the motivation--$$$$$!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
It would surprise me. . . . .. No it wouldn't.

I know there are plans to build a performing arts center next to the school so hopefully things are looking up.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
kurt said:
Very insightful. :roll: You must have had a little green beer left over. :lol:

I think I saw the Mystic's car outside of McGuires Pub in Destin when driving to Ft Walton this morning.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
It is official. Today we received a letter from Dr. Varnadore. He is closing his practice effective April 27th. That leaves us witout a Dr. on 30-A. There is a physician's assistant in Seagrove, but no Dr.

Anyone know of a pediatrician who'd like to come to South Walton? I guarantee that he/she would have a booming practice. We have a beautiful new hospital with a physician's office building, but we still have to drive to Panama City or Ft. Walton to see a real pediatrician.

I've heard that the Medical Arts building is being torn down and replaced with houses.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Part of the problem is that medical malpractice insurance costs are insane in Florida. I've heard 3-4x what they are in Missisippi. I know doctors just starting out who won't think of coming to the state because of the insurance siutation. Add in housing costs (or alternately commuting costs) and the area's got some big strikes against it even with all the beaches have to offer.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
The Seaside Neighborhood School is not going away.

Just today I heard that a woman pediatrician will be opening an office at Gulf Place. Hope it's true. Sure will miss Dr. Varnadore.