• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
I hope we don't have any more sly comments about either Mango or Little Fish from other readers. Obviously, if you know one or the other then your comments will favor that person at the expense of the other one. To the uneducated reader who has never spent time in SoWal, this sounds parochial. I don't think SoWal can afford that tag when it is in need of home buyers.

The only thing "parochial" are two? separate screen names, who just so happen to have join dates in October as well, and a post from Beachcoma yesterday who apparently has been doing some research on the mortgage industry.

"From what I have been reading it would seem that in future, a buyer who puts up less than 30-40% equity (or wants to finance more than 70%) will face some additional charges and fees and may also have a higher interest loan.
I would think that the largest demographic of potential buyers for SoWal properties would not have had any credit problems under even the strictest of yesterday's standards but if these new rules come into effect it will reduce the size of this demographic considerably."

or this post from the Rosemary Beach article:
All potential buyers of SoWal real estate should read these posts - puts the "warm, welcoming beach community atmosphere" description in a whole new perspective.

and from Little Fish who started this thread, Preconstruction Appraisal Process noting an anonymous posters issues with a preconstruction condo in PCB looking for information on how to salvage that deal and get around the appraisal process.

It seems to me neither one of you, or you, just do not get Sowal and the small home towne community feel and beauty, not only of it's real estate, but the people who inhabit it. It seems y'all post only on threads where your criticisms are the sole underlying purpose. It's quite glaringly obvious.

Happy Holidays!

Last edited:

Beachcoma

Beach Comber
Oct 30, 2007
Mango, Mango, Mango. You have fertile mind, I must say! From your posting record (almost 10 per day since you joined the site) it would seem that you also have a lot of spare time (or you don't sleep much).

What was that old saying about the Devil finding work for idle hands???? (this is not a suggestion that you are evil).

For the record, if anyone cares, my comments on these pages are mine and mine alone. I have only one screen name. I do not know anyone else who posts here. My comments are merely observations relative to what I read here and should not be taken personally. I have no hidden agendas. I have stayed with friends in the SoWal area several times (they do not post here, and as far as I know don't even know this site exists). I like the SoWal area and I am considering buying property along 30A. I am not a mortgage broker, banker, financier, speculator, landlord or real estate agent. Most people who know me think I am a reasonable person, honest and hard working.

Most important, I have no desire to get into any back and forth "he said she said" posts with another poster. I don't have the time, but quite honestly find this kind of thing interesting but only minimally informative and something that usually leads to name calling when one or the other posters "feels" as if he or she has been insulted or bested. Additionally, I have no desire to help anyone improve their posting average.

I hope this gives you a bit more insight into who I am. I will read anything you or anyone else cares to write relative to this post but I will not respond on this subject as I now consider the case closed.

Thanks and Happy Holy Days to you also.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Mango, Mango, Mango. You have fertile mind, I must say! From your posting record (almost 10 per day since you joined the site) it would seem that you also have a lot of spare time (or you don't sleep much).

What was that old saying about the Devil finding work for idle hands???? (this is not a suggestion that you are evil).

For the record, if anyone cares, my comments on these pages are mine and mine alone. I have only one screen name. I do not know anyone else who posts here. My comments are merely observations relative to what I read here and should not be taken personally. I have no hidden agendas. I have stayed with friends in the SoWal area several times (they do not post here, and as far as I know don't even know this site exists). I like the SoWal area and I am considering buying property along 30A. I am not a mortgage broker, banker, financier, speculator, landlord or real estate agent. Most people who know me think I am a reasonable person, honest and hard working.

Most important, I have no desire to get into any back and forth "he said she said" posts with another poster. I don't have the time, but quite honestly find this kind of thing interesting but only minimally informative and something that usually leads to name calling when one or the other posters "feels" as if he or she has been insulted or bested. Additionally, I have no desire to help anyone improve their posting average.

I hope this gives you a bit more insight into who I am. I will read anything you or anyone else cares to write relative to this post but I will not respond on this subject as I now consider the case closed.

Thanks and Happy Holy Days to you also.
I love the declarative "I now consider the case closed" posts..this is the third I have seen I believe during my short tenure here. They really give me a chuckle. You too Beachcoma can increase post count so you will not feel so envious. Give up a session of self-abuse each day and you can post at least 4 times. And multitask! Whereas before you had a time block for dedicated nosepicking you can now type with one hand and point at your brain with the other. Theres 8 more posts right there. Oh and remember to always pick and flick, that can't be repeated enough in your case. See? No name calling :D.

Little Fish

Beach Lover
Oct 9, 2007
Atlanta, GA
All:

To summarize how you can get a better deal the next time you use a mortgage broker to secure financing, I recommend the following:

1) Tell your broker you want 100% of the YSP applied to your closing costs and you want this fully reflected on the GFE.
2) Negotiate your broker fee and have 100% of that fee listed under line item 808 (Mortgage Broker Fee) of the GFE.

If you do both of the above, you will control the fee you pay to your broker. In my example, I paid roughly 0.5% as a broker fee, which would have been much worse had I not negotiated. Some brokers take fees of 2% or more from unsuspecting clients. Don't let this happen to you.

Little Fish

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
What if you choose a rate that precludes YSP? Whose wallet will you try to grab then, Little Fish? A good broker can beat your local banker's rates everyday, and offer more than ten times the loan programs to fit your needs. A good broker coordinates between the Realtor, appraiser,insurance and closing agents so that no one party botches up the closing. You want the best rate, you want the broker to work for one half percent, and you want any renumeration for his/hers efforts paid by the lender to go into your pocket? Tell me, who do you think is responsible for paying back YSP if the loan is paid off early? Have a clue? It's the broker, not the weasel client stealing the YSP because he thinks someone should pay his closing costs. You know enough to be a nuisance. I can only hope HR takes your Christmas bonus for the office party, and delivers you a letter stating that any possible quarterly losses will come out of your 401k. Then you'll know how "your broker" felt about your deal.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
All:

If you do both of the above, you will control the fee you pay to your broker. In my example, I paid roughly 0.5% as a broker fee, which would have been much worse had I not negotiated. Some brokers take fees of 2% or more from unsuspecting clients. Don't let this happen to you.

That's not what you did. You didn't pay a Flat Broker fee. You locked the rate you wanted then backdoored your broker later on YSP. The rate structure could easily be changed after a Borrower locks, so you also could have asked for the rate from the date your locked that had 0 YSP (which the rate would have been lower thus lowering your rate and caps) and just paid the Broker Fee of .50%.
Instead you wanted the money for closing costs, so you still have not made an argument against eliminating YSP as your earlier posts have stated.

Bob, this isn't worth getting your knickers in a twist over. We both know that in all likelihood he stated on his application that this would be a second home to avoid the upcharge for investment property purchases.
Cheers! :D

Last edited:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
That's not what you did. You didn't pay a Flat Broker fee. You locked the rate you wanted then backdoored your broker later on YSP. The rate structure could easily be changed after a Borrower locks, so you also could have asked for the rate from the date your locked that had 0 YSP (which the rate would have been lower thus lowering your rate and caps) and just paid the Broker Fee of .50%

A clear-cut case of "Predatory Borrowing!"

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
That's not what you did. You didn't pay a Flat Broker fee. You locked the rate you wanted then backdoored your broker later on YSP. The rate structure could easily be changed after a Borrower locks, so you also could have asked for the rate from the date your locked that had 0 YSP (which the rate would have been lower thus lowering your rate and caps) and just paid the Broker Fee of .50%.
Instead you wanted the money for closing costs, so you still have not made an argument against eliminating YSP as your earlier posts have stated.

Bob, this isn't worth getting your knickers in a twist over. We both know that in all likelihood he stated on his application that this would be a second home to avoid the upcharge for investment property purchases.
Cheers! :D
That would be treating the lender as he treated the broker.