• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bama2Florida

Beach Crab
Jun 3, 2023
Florida
Hey everyone,

My job is transferring me to the PCB/30A area in a couple of months, and I am curious about my options for a long term rental. I am in my early 30s (F) and prefer something that is fully furnished and in a safe part of town. I am not sure how long I will be in Florida, but it could be anywhere from 6 months to a few years, so I would rather not deal with the hassle of moving furniture. Ideally a 2 br/ 2 bath would be best should I end up aquiring a roommate.

I grew up vacationing in the panhandle, so while I'm no stranger to the area, I know little to nothing about how long term rentals work! I'm open to anything from a garage apartment, condo, or single dwelling. I would assume most traditional apartments do not come furnished..? I could be wrong though.

I just received this news a few days ago and was referred to this forum, so I honestly haven't done much research yet!
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

CY

Beach Lover
Sep 13, 2012
You're asking some pretty broad questions for LTR and I imagine by this time you have done some more research.
If you are centered more to PCB, you will find rentals for less money and more of them, but you will give up some quality of life and aesthetics plus you will be driving everywhere. 30A is extremely safe and, in essence, the South's Martha's Vineyard, except you can still find a few pockets of affordable places here and there. It's bike and walk friendly. If you're an active person who likes all things outdoors, you will definitely like being able to basically walk out your front door and hit some hiking trails, paddle board the bay, canoe Western Lake, snorkel a reef, or swim in the ocean. Plus, there's wine, music, and writer's festivals and conferences along 30A. You're not going to find the convenience nor all the opportunities out your front door anywhere other than 30A. Plus you're not dealing with the enormous numbers of vacationers like PCB has. We have a lot of vacationers, but nothing like PCB or Destin. However, you will have to pay more for this kind of lifestyle. Finding something furnished is usually not a problem.
For example: 1-bedroom guest cottages are hard to come by and when they do, they go fast. Mine is off 30A, unfurnished, tiny, close to Seaside, and 3 blocks to the beach; and it was rented within 2 weeks of advertising and the couple was thrilled to pay $2,000 a month. If you find a 1-bedroom cottage for $2,000 or less, off 30A, close to the beach and Rosemary, Seaside, Grayton, or even Gulf Place jump on it ASAP. You can find apartments for less, but they will be off 98 or 331 and not an easy walk or bike to 30A.
If this isn't in your budget, you could look at a 2 or 3 bedroom and find some roommates. A room for rent usually goes for $1,000 a month if it is on the north side of 98 and as it gets closer to the beach, it gets higher or if it has it's own bathroom it is higher.
Alternatively, you can look in PCB and probably find something for less, but probably be paying more for gas and auto expenses.
HTH

Last edited:

mcullop

Beach Comber
Jul 30, 2007
30a
I have a 2bd/2ba I live in and currently a full bath and bedroom available with a bed and amenities

Bluewaterdune

Beach Comber
Aug 12, 2017
Seagrove
Hello

We have a newly remodeled Home Rental in a Great location! Home is a 2 bedroom, plus bonus room(office, small bedroom) 1 bathroom 2 blocks from the Beach. Home is on the West End of PCB in the Laguna Beach area. Great neighbors as well.

Private fenced in backyard with a deck and a beautiful Magnolia Tree. Plenty of parking for 2 cars. Home is unfinished. Rent is $2200/mo plus utilities. Pets allowed on a case by case basis. Pictures and home showing information can be found by searching our listing: 114 S. Vestavia Panama City Beach. If you have any questions feel free to reply here or call 850-822-0365. Seth. Thanks!

Bob Winke

Beach Comber
Sep 14, 2021
Santa Rosa Beach
I have a one bed/two bath and a two bed / two and a half bath condos available and both are furnished and overlook the beach and ocean. Two pools and other amenities available. If interested, reply and we can talk. Bob

Beachsiens9

Beach Crab
Jul 4, 2023
Point Washington
You're asking some pretty broad questions for LTR and I imagine by this time you have done some more research.
If you are centered more to PCB, you will find rentals for less money and more of them, but you will give up some quality of life and aesthetics plus you will be driving everywhere. 30A is extremely safe and, in essence, the South's Martha's Vineyard, except you can still find a few pockets of affordable places here and there. It's bike and walk friendly. If you're an active person who likes all things outdoors, you will definitely like being able to basically walk out your front door and hit some hiking trails, paddle board the bay, canoe Western Lake, snorkel a reef, or swim in the ocean. Plus, there's wine, music, and writer's festivals and conferences along 30A. You're not going to find the convenience nor all the opportunities out your front door anywhere other than 30A. Plus you're not dealing with the enormous numbers of vacationers like PCB has. We have a lot of vacationers, but nothing like PCB or Destin. However, you will have to pay more for this kind of lifestyle. Finding something furnished is usually not a problem.
For example: 1-bedroom guest cottages are hard to come by and when they do, they go fast. Mine is off 30A, unfurnished, tiny, close to Seaside, and 3 blocks to the beach; and it was rented within 2 weeks of advertising and the couple was thrilled to pay $2,000 a month. If you find a 1-bedroom cottage for $2,000 or less, off 30A, close to the beach and Rosemary, Seaside, Grayton, or even Gulf Place jump on it ASAP. You can find apartments for less, but they will be off 98 or 331 and not an easy walk or bike to 30A.
If this isn't in your budget, you could look at a 2 or 3 bedroom and find some roommates. A room for rent usually goes for $1,000 a month if it is on the north side of 98 and as it gets closer to the beach, it gets higher or if it has it's own bathroom it is higher.
Alternatively, you can look in PCB and probably find something for less, but probably be paying more for gas and auto expenses.
HTH
Hi there! I am trying to rent 2 beds and one bath out of my home in Point Washington and you seem very knowable. Do you have suggestions where to advertise? I’ve tried posting it here on SoWal but not sure I’m doing it right…