My House is Bouncing!

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by barefootguy, Jan 29, 2007.

1. barefootguy

barefootguy Beach Fanatic

My whole house is shaking and my computer monitors are bouncing on my desk from today's bombing practice!

2. InletBchDweller

InletBchDweller SoWal Insider

My neighbor at Bunker (who is in charge of some of da bombs) said he has been working overtime.....:roll: :roll:

3. spongegirl

spongegirl Beach Comber

still, after almost 5 years living here, this bombing thing they do :eek: is most disturbing !!!
    it just shakes the whole house - rattling pictures, human & animal nerves :blink: [my dog freaks]
    funny, they don't seem to do it when the tourists are here, eh ? :roll:

4. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Bdarg bought a big package of the goo that you stick behind hanging pictures- keeps me from having to straighten them 10 times a day!

5. organicmama

organicmama Beach Fanatic

Next time you and the fam are over here, the metal painting in the corner of the living room was moved from over our bed last week because I was afraid it was going to fall on us and we'd be headless!

Jdarg, you sound as anal as my husband! He's always straightening the frames.

Is there anywhere on 30A where the blasts aren't felt? It scares the crap outta me everytime it happens! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  6. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

It might not be bombing practice. The action on the RFV thread is excalating. That may be the RFV combatants bombing each other over in Blue Mt. Beach!!:eek:

7. Rita

Rita margarita brocolia

[​IMG] AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH!!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  8. ckhagen

ckhagen Beach Fanatic

Yeah it was rough today.

Those war games using flares or whatever from that boat out in the gulf (a couple weeks ago around 10pm) were really freaky! I called MIL (a missle expert on base) freaking out wanting to know if we were being invaded by Korea. :floor:

9. beachmouse

beachmouse Beach Fanatic

We used to go through ordinary light bulbs for our outdoor fixtures at a truly amazing rate, and I always suspected it was the bombing shaking the filaments loose. Really annoying to deal with, especially since changing bulbs in a couple of those fixtures essentially requires taking apart the fixture with a screwdriver in the process.

If anyone else has that same sort of problem, I can say that we've had much, much longer bulb life since we switched over to Compact Fluorescent for all our outdoor lighting.