• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Thanks to the generous volunteering of time by Beach Runner and cnestg8r and by popular demand, the picking contest is back in 2011! So far as I know the format will be the same as it has been in years past-I will look for guidelines to be announced by the aformentioned Gator fans soon. Hard to believe this will be year five! Wow! As a reminder, please, we all know half the fun of football is razzing the opponents regarding their shortcomings and expanding team rap sheets-but please try to keep that activity in the NCAA Battlezone thread and keep the picking thread mostly about picking, although discussion regarding picks and performance does add to the picking thread, in my opinion.

With that said, get ready and keep an eye on this thread for the game to hatch! I'm hoping for another great year of SOWAL football funn! GEAUX (insert your team name here)!:cool:

1. The games for each week's SoWal Pick'em will be posted on or before Monday evenings
2. The deadline for making your pick for any game is 9 AM Central Time on date of that game.
3. Anyone who misses the deadline (as defined in #2 above) will forfeit all games not picked for that date.
4. Any changes after a pick is made must appear in a new post, not in an edited prior post, and by 9 AM Central Time for the date of the game for which your pick is changed. Failure to do this will result in your change being invalid.
5. Each correct pick earns one point.
6. The winner of the SoWal Pick'em will be the person who has the most points, not the highest percentage of correct picks.
7. Bonus questions may be included later in the season in case a tie-breaker is needed. The points from these questions will not be added to a picker's total points for the season.
8. Leaders for each week, for the regular season, and for the bowl games will be recognized. However, the winner of the SoWal Pick'em will be the person with the most wins for the season, including bowl games.

Happy picking!:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:

ameliaj

Beach Fanatic
Jun 19, 2007
SoSpal (figure it out)/Seacrest
Yaaaaaayyyy!!! Skunky, Beach Runner & cnestg8r!!!!. I am so ready for some football. Bring on the picks. I'm headed to the Dome for UGA/boisest next weekend and I am fired up about this season.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Super! Looking forward to it.... Go Hawgs!

Thanks to the generous volunteering of time by Beach Runner and cnestg8r and by popular demand, the picking contest is back in 2011! So far as I know the format will be the same as it has been in years past-I will look for guidelines to be announced by the aformentioned Gator fans soon. Hard to believe this will be year five! Wow! As a reminder, please, we all know half the fun of football is razzing the opponents regarding their shortcomings and expanding team rap sheets-but please try to keep that activity in the NCAA Battlezone thread and keep the picking thread mostly about picking, although discussion regarding picks and performance does add to the picking thread, in my opinion.

With that said, get ready and keep an eye on this thread for the game to hatch! I'm hoping for another great year of SOWAL football funn! GEAUX (insert your team name here)!:cool:
Thanks, Skunky. Again, well said. Thanks for the preliminary list. I got a text from cnestg8r at 6:12 AM Monday in AU (3:12 PM CST Sunday). He's working on it.

cnestg8r

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Note that a team that is listed with "+ ##" means that team is spotted ## points.

Each participant from last year is asked to consider inviting a new player to join our merry group.

As in the past highlight your picks in BOLD.

Good Luck!

Thu-Sep 1
Wake Forest @ Syracuse

Fri-Sep 2
TCU @ Baylor

Sat-Sep 3
Miami Ohio + 20.5 @ Missouri
Northwestern @ Boston College
South Florida @ Notre Dame
UCLA @ Houston
Minnesota + 20.5 @ USC
BYU @ Ole Miss
Fresno St @ Cal
Boise State @ Georgia
Oregon @ LSU
Rice + 22.5 @ Texas
Tulsa + 22.5 @ Oklahoma
Colorado @ Hawaii

Mon-Sep 5
Miami Fl @ Maryland

PearlSB4U

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2010
Can you please remind me of the deadlines for picking & rules for changing if possible?