Need Local Custom Sofa Slipcovers

Discussion in 'Business, Goods and Services' started by AlphaCrab, Sep 17, 2010.

1. AlphaCrab

AlphaCrab Beach Fanatic

Locally--Who, or what company, does a good job at a fair price? I need a sofa slipcover with three seat cushions. I will supply fabric based on qty required by seamstress.

2. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    The best deal we've found is not locally, but through Mitchell Gold. They make the sofas for Crate & Barrel, Restoration Hardware, and others. Our daughter needs new slipcovers for her Crate & Barrel sofa (thanks to cat scratching :roll:). You can give Crate & Barrel the name of the sofa, and they can get the corresponding Mitchell Gold style number.

We haven't ordered them yet, so if any of you know how to get inexpensive slipcovers to fit Mitchell Gold sofas, please let me know.

3. deborsk

deborsk Beach Lover

Give Josephine Brewer a call--she does great work, is quick and relatively reasonable--she lives in the are and her number is 399-0037. Also, Norma Sears is great--she lives between Blue Mtn and Gulf Place-- 622-5622

4. ann hodnett

ann hodnett Beach Lover

I have been making slipcovers for over ten years. I have samples of my work, pictures and references. At this time, I am several weeks out. Located at the very west end of P.C.B.. Also, do pillows, bedding, shower curtains, valances, roman shades and smaller upholstery projects. I will be at Seaside Yard Sale, Oct. 2.

Thanks,
    Ann
    850-249-5181

5. florida girl

florida girl Beach Fanatic

The Fabric Zoo in SRB has some awesome stuff, and they can make it for you. They are next to the Fat Daddy's Pizza and the BP claims office.

6. Lynnie

Lynnie SoWal Insider

Shabby Slips in Rosemary has done a of lot of work for me. Great slipcovers made with heavy duty snaps instead of zippers or velcro. I love her and her work!

7. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

GREAT info on this thread - any new info? I am looking for someone to re-cover about 12 sofa cushions (bamboo porch sofa/sectional)

8. Beach Runner

Thanks for the info, y'all. Never got around to replacing the slipcovers for our daughter and son-in-law.

I am not a cat person. If you have a cat, is it worth replacing the slipcovers? Won't the cat just keep doing it?

We are planning to build a smaller home at the beach and change the color scheme because we won't have renters any more. Yay! I want white. I will keep all of your recommendations in mind. Thanks.

9. scooterbug44

scooterbug44 SoWal Expert

BR - I have a sofa and chair in pale grey with slipcovers, love them, and have no trouble keeping them clean. You just pop them in the wash periodically and you are good to go. Can't imagine trying to keep a light colored sofa clean otherwise.

10. Beach Runner

Do you use Clorox II or OxyClean on them? I was thinking that white would be better because I could use straight up Clorox on them.

11. scooterbug44

I just use my regular laundry detergent. (Plus, I am not allowed to use bleach as I destroy things with it.)

12. Franny

Franny Beach Fanatic

I have used Becky and Richard Green and they are wonderful! Becky came to the house with fabric samples and then her husband came and picked up the furniture. Excellent work. 850-763-6716. I have kept their information for 11 years!!

13. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

thanks Franny! will definitely call

14. jpbhen

jpbhen Beach Fanatic

try ikea. we have the ektorp loveseat and armchairs with white slipcovers. they are great!!

15. scooterbug44

BR - Mama Scooterbug just heard that "gray is the new neutral".