• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
For those of you who are watching future developments in the area, here's some information about a "Bay County Selected to Compete for Aircraft Facility" (aircraft assembly facility), in part because of the new airport going in, as well as Florida State University branch which would provide employees with engineering degrees and other educational opportunities.

Any ideas of the impact on the area, good and bad? Certainly bringing in jobs so that the area isn't only for high-end property owners/vacation rentals/renters is good for people who live here year round and who want jobs.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050301/16224_1.html

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I saw that on MSNBC.com last week and the article said PC was one of dozens of sites nationwide competing. The Yahoo article makes it sound as if it is down to 3 sites in Florida - which sounds like PR spin from Enterprise Florida.

Could happen though I guess. Plenty of pluses and lots of labor in Bay County.

kurt said:
I saw that on MSNBC.com last week and the article said PC was one of dozens of sites nationwide competing. The Yahoo article makes it sound as if it is down to 3 sites in Florida - which sounds like PR spin from Enterprise Florida.

Could happen though I guess. Plenty of pluses and lots of labor in Bay County.

I have a friend that is on his 2nd helicopter. He bought both of them as fixer upers and all the work was done in PCB. :cool: