• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

What do you think of the new blue signs being installed on 30-A?

• Love them!

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • Somewhat like them

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Neither like nor dislike them

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Somewhat dislike them

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • They're horrid!

Votes: 210 70.5%

• Total voters

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I realize this might be completely off point, but after a long discussion regarding the signs I have one question:

Dave, when you first proposed the signs (and don't get me wrong I loved them) that you designed was there any backlash?

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Thanks to all SoWallers in advance of tomorrows meeting. I really believe we can win this. Judging from all the people I talk to I am sure we will have a lot of people there; our voice will be heard. The logic of replacing the signs is far too clear to be ignored.

I spoke before the commissioners today and had a good feeling walking out of there. I believe they hear us and tomorrow the TDC will hear us loud and clear. These signs must go.

Having said that, the importance that we have a unified voice is clear but it is equally important that we show the utmost respect towards the TDC board members. They have endured a lot of scrutiny in the past few weeks and while being firm with our message we must give them respect.

Several of the board members were not involved in the early decisions. I believe we should focus not on what has happened in the past but on what we will do to work with the TDC to create signs the citizens of Scenic 30-A can be proud of.

Thank you all!

Dave

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
I realize this might be completely off point, but after a long discussion regarding the signs I have one question:

Dave, when you first proposed the signs (and don't get me wrong I loved them) that you designed was there any backlash?

No, none whatsoever. People were very positive from the start not only with the design but with the fact that each community had a true identity.

We really did not propose them to anyone per se. I asked the TDC to pay for them and they agreed as long as we did the footwork with the design and put them in the ground. I talked to town representatives and old timers to determine where the borders were.

A few homeowners in Seacrest came up with the name for that end of the beach. The design took me 15 minutes working with a graphic artist. I think the design cost a hundred bucks. The TDC paid something like $250 for each sign. I honestly can't remember anyone objecting to them.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Re: Big Blue Sign Removal Information Thread

Thanks to all SoWallers in advance of tomorrows meeting. I really believe we can win this. Judging from all the people I talk to I am sure we will have a lot of people there; our voice will be heard. The logic of replacing the signs is far too clear to be ignored.

I spoke before the commissioners today and had a good feeling walking out of there. I believe they hear us and tomorrow the TDC will hear us loud and clear. These signs must go.

Having said that, the importance that we have a unified voice is clear but it is equally important that we show the utmost respect towards the TDC board members. They have endured a lot of scrutiny in the past few weeks and while being firm with our message we must give them respect.

Several of the board members were not involved in the early decisions. I believe we should focus not on what has happened in the past but on what we will do to work with the TDC to create signs the citizens of Scenic 30-A can be proud of.

Thank you all!

Dave

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

Thank you all!

Dave

Thanks Dave! Looking forward to hearing more about last night's meeting.

And good morning everybody! See you at 9 am at the TDC!:wave:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

Has the pre=party at Hibiscus been cancelled?

Hmmm- that may work- lemme get back to you. Might be a good place to carpool from since there are not many parking places.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

Good luck...and don't wear blue! :wave:

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place

GO GET 'EM!!!

Can't be there, but them things are butt ugly!!!