• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
A candidate forum would've been very helpful for this position. Or maybe I missed it?

Last edited:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
There was a Republican Ladies Luncheon - at least I think that was the name of it; Bob can correct me if I am wrong - where each candidate spoke. Happened a few Wednesdays ago and since I work during the day I couldn't have gone anyway, but I didn't hear about it until a week after it was over, and only then it was in a conversation with my candidate. If there were other county races being decided in this election I am sure there would have been more forums. But there won't be one now that early voting is in full swing.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
Grayton beach guy, Bonnie, Scott and LLoyd, I did not order, buy or pay for any signs for any candidate. You are all letting your hatred for me drive you to act in my opinion like fools.

Suzanne Harris

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
Grayton beach guy, Bonnie, Scott and LLoyd, I did not order, buy or pay for any signs for any candidate. You are all letting your hatred for me drive you to act in my opinion like fools.

Suzanne Harris

Who said anything about you? Or do you believe everything is about you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
Go to the 3rd post I think by Grayton Beach Guy posted on 10/24 at 3:25pm. All I ask is that when you accuse me of something have guts enough to post your name. Actually I think Grayton Beach Guy is actually Grayton beach Girl.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Percentages sometimes lead a person to the wrong conclusion unless you understand the real life meaning of a "ficticious 26% tax increase". That number jumps at you. The SWCMCD TRUE % increase for 2015 is 18%. This year I will pay $23.14 for Mosquito Control which includes the TRUE Tax Increase. Last year I paid $19.21 or $3.93. That's less than 2 cups of coffee. Yes its a 18 % Increase and I will contribute that $3.93 to help repair the SWCMCD building, purchase 2 new trucks and all of the other items within the budget that increased. I am not downplaying the fact that its an 18% increase - I'm just trying to express it in real dollars. I have provided the documentation to show the "real facts" and done it without attacking the posters that asked questions. None have even acknowledged that there are material misrepresentations by those that post them, print them, stand on the roadside with a large banner and present them as "accurate". For Shallownoles i have added a graphic to shorten the post. Anyone that continues to defend or continue using those number are contributing to the misrepresentations unless you prove me wrong. The graphic below expresses my feelings about those misrepresentations Succinctly.

Image removed and replace with this statement. I did not realize that was copyrighted.

Those numbers are a blatant misrepresentation of fact.

Last edited:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Thank you, Bob. That is exactly what I ask for in an earlier post. How much in actual dollars will my taxes increase per $100,000 of evaluation? I can see by your post it won't be much and I welcome the much needed new trucks and other needed items.

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
Careful, Mr. Hudson. Truth-O-Meter is a registered trademark of Politifact.com. They might take offense of someone using their image.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I haven't seen what the other candidates are actually bringing to this position in terms of qualifications and experience. If there is a candidate bio somewhere and someone could post it that would be helpful.

Instead of attacking be incumbent, could we please see some concrete information about the other candidates?

I am also okay with giving up 2 cups of coffee for the year to pay for The few dollars of the increase.