• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Why is the solution to everything around here more signs? How about just ENFORCING the rules?

Sure hope the position of these ugly ass posts has been noted, my guess is that they will move as the season continues.

There's that pesky word again...

ENFORCEMENT!!!

When is everyone going to realize that this is one of the key elements this County is missing?

From planning, design review, the Sheriff, the TDC, the list goes on.

No one wants to do anything except collect their check.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Here's an idea~
Let's just start sitting in the empty chairs until asked to move? My guess is you'll be in one all day
What's the worst outcome, it's not like the vendors can fine you...."Oh I apologize, I thought you set this up for me" lol

Dreamer

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2014
Northwest Georgia
Here's another idea. Get a group of locals to go park their cars and set up there umbrellas and chairs at 6 a.m. When the vendors arrive and tell ya'll to move say "Make me." Bet you see some enforcement then!

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Here's another idea.
Don't allow ANY vendors on OUR beaches. :cuss:

If people want chairs and umbrellas set up for them they should be at a resort.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
Sorry steelman, but when nobody nominated Cindy Meadows back to the TDC board she lost control of the beach. Some of Cecilia Jones family makes their living as beach vendors and I believe also at guiding fishing trips off that beach. It's no accident she landed on the TDC as the chair when none of the TDC revenue is in her district, it's a power play. If it is so dang profitable let county employee's run stands at public beach access, then if it goes wrong the PUBLIC can complain and have heir own government shut it down. They would be like a beach ambassador and maybe could be paid for with TDC money. Why do you think vendors don't run national parks, Park Rangers do! Why, because vendors are there for the money and Park Rangers are there for the people and the public's property. Cecilia will stay right in the middle of this and never recuse herself.
The clue bird flew to town for Sara Commander the other day when she indicated it appeared the public has little access to the beach and that concerned her. Ya think? Somebody will control our beaches for profit, Just wait and see. They've paved paradise and put up a parking Lot. But LOL there is no parking either! If you want change you have to replace Chapman and Emfeld because just Meadows isn't enough. There is still time to get some new faces and rite the ship so to speak.
We have to realize we are now faced with the untenable position of having to buy some of it back and keep it public for everyone's use or trips to the beach will be for the affluent only. Now doesn't every child in Walton county deserve to have a day at the beach no matter their social status? Moratirium on all major development might not be a bad idea, at least long enough to see it we can catch up on our infrastructure plan and ensure we are not destroying our quality of life in the name of a dollar. There is still plenty of money to be made here without ruining the place. People pay more for stuff that's exclusive anyway.......everybody would win if people would do the right thing.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Where were all you last Tuesday night at council meeting. They where listing, only vendor kids talking about the bad recession? Copy and paste your thoughts And email Cindy meadows
meacindy@co.walton.fl.us
What recession??? We have record numbers of tourists every year.

I know the vendors are in a war with each other and very aggressive. If they are acting like they are in a war with the county then they just need to be told that doing business in Walton County is a privilege, not a right. Honestly - we need clear beaches, not competition.

Stacey Brunch

Beach Crab
Jan 27, 2016
Sorry steelman, but when nobody nominated Cindy Meadows back to the TDC board she lost control of the beach. Some of Cecilia Jones family makes their living as beach vendors and I believe also at guiding fishing trips off that beach. It's no accident she landed on the TDC as the chair when none of the TDC revenue is in her district, it's a power play. If it is so dang profitable let county employee's run stands at public beach access, then if it goes wrong the PUBLIC can complain and have heir own government shut it down. They would be like a beach ambassador and maybe could be paid for with TDC money. Why do you think vendors don't run national parks, Park Rangers do! Why, because vendors are there for the money and Park Rangers are there for the people and the public's property. Cecilia will stay right in the middle of this and never recuse herself.
The clue bird flew to town for Sara Commander the other day when she indicated it appeared the public has little access to the beach and that concerned her. Ya think? Somebody will control our beaches for profit, Just wait and see. They've paved paradise and put up a parking Lot. But LOL there is no parking either! If you want change you have to replace Chapman and Emfeld because just Meadows isn't enough. There is still time to get some new faces and rite the ship so to speak.
We have to realize we are now faced with the untenable position of having to buy some of it back and keep it public for everyone's use or trips to the beach will be for the affluent only. Now doesn't every child in Walton county deserve to have a day at the beach no matter their social status? Moratirium on all major development might not be a bad idea, at least long enough to see it we can catch up on our infrastructure plan and ensure we are not destroying our quality of life in the name of a dollar. There is still plenty of money to be made here without ruining the place. People pay more for stuff that's exclusive anyway.......everybody would win if people would do the right thing.

Stacey Brunch

Beach Crab
Jan 27, 2016
As I understand from the BCC meeting Meadows chose to step down from TDC. She did not want to serve again and neither did other commissioners. Jones was nominated by someone on board and all voted for her to do it. Not sure how you get power play?!?