• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

conch

Beach Comber
Mar 5, 2010
It will if more control can come from the South end of the county. As long as Defuniak and Freeport and the "attorney power broker cabal recruit the retired public worker into a BCC position" program is in place, they will clear cut, fill in with dirt, and build structures only (no roads).

But it was grand, and really still is.
Ah man, I love it. How often do you see the word "cabal" used today, and even in the correct context.
I only wonder who he could be referring to. :hmm:
That article is really well done, Purdy pictures and everything. Yet it seems to be one big advertisement for Seaside, as I counted twelve links to businesses there, Rosemary got three, and Grayton got one. What happened to the Red Bar?
I did notice in the first paragraph she makes a slight mention of the fact that an increasing number of beaches are PRIVATE and or require payment. I guess explaining why that is happening would be a little to real for the "Happy Vibe" this puff piece is pushing { complete with prices } She also neglected to mention that the state parks are free during the summer { Thanks cabal and TDC! } so if you are not there shortly after they open, you will not be getting in as they close the gates when full.
Finally, she makes no mention of lodging along 30A other than the two state parks, guess the local prices might turn some folks off, even if they are from NEW YORK CITY!

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
Ah man, I love it. How often do you see the word "cabal" used today, and even in the correct context.
I only wonder who he could be referring to. :hmm:
That article is really well done, Purdy pictures and everything. Yet it seems to be one big advertisement for Seaside, as I counted twelve links to businesses there, Rosemary got three, and Grayton got one. What happened to the Red Bar?
I did notice in the first paragraph she makes a slight mention of the fact that an increasing number of beaches are PRIVATE and or require payment. I guess explaining why that is happening would be a little to real for the "Happy Vibe" this puff piece is pushing { complete with prices } She also neglected to mention that the state parks are free during the summer { Thanks cabal and TDC! } so if you are not there shortly after they open, you will not be getting in as they close the gates when full.
Finally, she makes no mention of lodging along 30A other than the two state parks, guess the local prices might turn some folks off, even if they are from NEW YORK CITY!
I wouldn't read too much into it. I've found online travel journalism to be shallow and often inaccurate. Most info seems to be skimmed off of websites. It hardly seems the authors are actually in the place or were just driving through.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I wouldn't read too much into it. I've found online travel journalism to be shallow and often inaccurate. Most info seems to be skimmed off of websites. It hardly seems the authors are actually in the place or were just driving through.

It's usually because those writers experience places in a scripted VIP experience. Unless you're writing for a travel column you probably won't experience what you're reading.