• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jd

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2008
Atlanta
Hi! I am from Atlanta, and a frequent visitor (3-5 times a year) to the SoWal area. We usually stay in Seagrove but I LOVE all the communities in SoWal!!!! We are always on the lookout for just the right spot, condo or house to purchase! It feels more and more like "home" every time I get down there!

The last time I was in town, early June, I saw Jason Castro (of American Idol fame) hanging out at the Red Bar. That was pretty cool!!!

I'm kind of in a rut in regards to dining out as we always go to either the Red Bar or the Seagrove Market Cafe....can anyone give any input to some other great places to eat?

Thanks and blessings to all!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
:welcome:I'm so jealous you saw Jason!! What a bonus!
Places on my list for my next trip are Flip Flops, Criolla's;-) and Salty Dog.

lsucajuns

Beach Lover
Jun 10, 2008
Dune Allen
hendersonscott66.wix.com
Bud and Alleys

I work at B/A and it's a great place to go if you do not want to dress up. The upstares bar is cool, you can see the beach, and it's laid back. Food is great and so are the people. :welcome:

srich3

Beach Comber
Jan 3, 2008
Omaha, NE
I have to agree with Seacrest Girl. We love D & K. I crave their bbq shrimp regularly.

We also like Huricane Oyster, Gravel Road, & Flip Flops. For some of the nicer restaurants we like Fish out of Water and Cafe 30-a

jd

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2008
Atlanta
To isucajuns:
How could I have forgotten Bud and Allys!!!! That is ALWAYS our first stop when we roll into town! Love that upstairs view!!!!!

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
I like all those already mentioned and I also like Cafe 30A. In this stretch of the beach you can do it all from fancy and cstly to laid back and beachy. I always recommend the breakfast at Hibiscus B & B in Grayton. It is relaxed and the food is fantastic.