• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Michele19

Beach Comber
May 7, 2019
Florida
Hi all! We are looking into buying a home in the area and I'm wondering if you are north of the 98, how feasible is it to bike across safely with children? Does traffic fly through there? Would it be too far of a bike ride to get to an actual beach access? Ideally we're looking south of the 98, but for the right price and if it's still in biking distance to the beach, we may branch out! Thanks in advance!

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Keep in mind that traffic on 98 is extremely heavy most of the year and drivers are usually going 55/65 mph. It is a 4 lane divided highway. It gets hairy crossing in a car, at a light sometimes, I personally would not think of riding a bicycle to the beach from my home north of 98, much less do it with children. It is anywhere from 3 to 10 miles from the beach from north of 98. Pretty long trip for kids.

AWBrandon

Beach Lover
Sep 26, 2016
Alabama
Hi all! We are looking into buying a home in the area and I'm wondering if you are north of the 98, how feasible is it to bike across safely with children? Does traffic fly through there? Would it be too far of a bike ride to get to an actual beach access? Ideally we're looking south of the 98, but for the right price and if it's still in biking distance to the beach, we may branch out! Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I just listed my home FSBO in a gated neighborhood 10 minute walk to beach access. Very safe and sidewalks to 30 A Beach Access. Pool, Health Club, low maintenance yard, with palm trees and sago palms. 3 BR/3 Baths, sleeps 10 as configured.
205-246-3900 if interested. Available 8/1/20

Michele19

Beach Comber
May 7, 2019
Florida
Hi,
I just listed my home FSBO in a gated neighborhood 10 minute walk to beach access. Very safe and sidewalks to 30 A Beach Access. Pool, Health Club, low maintenance yard, with palm trees and sago palms. 3 BR/3 Baths, sleeps 10 as configured.
205-246-3900 if interested. Available 8/1/20

Hi! Thanks for sharing, can you post a link to the listing so we can check it out? Thank you!