• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
:yikes: rattlesnake under the garbage can bin next to the street yesterday late. Not small either.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
ladydebubba the robin is cool but I really like the pink flamingo in the back ground!!! Native to TN????:rotfl::rotfl::D

Franny, the pink flamingo is native to TN now! :lol: We bought it at Shady Oaks Antiques when we were down there in August. We also have a native to TN hippo also. :lol:

I do wish I could have gotten a picture a few weeks ago of the owl that was in the tree above me by our side porch. I did not even know he was in that tree until I saw him fly out across our backyard. And of course I didn't have my camera outside with me. :bang:

Last edited:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Please Jodi, you didn't...
What? crap my pants? scream like a girl? run?
:Dyep...all of the above (kill it? no.)

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
OK, I know this isn't as much fun as the arguing over the presidential race, but this is the Politics, Environment, and Social Issues section.

I finally got a photo of the Bald Eagle. :D

It was near the Watersound West boardwalk at Little Deer Lake yesterday. What a great place, I'm not looking forward to it getting built out/locked up/full of people/run off all the critters.

Wish I had a tighter zoom, but we were just carrying a little pocket camera. There were two other birds chasing it, but it pretty much ignored them.

BaldEagleLittleDeerLake080216.jpg

Last edited:

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
It's so thrilling to see Bald Eagles isn't it? We saw one just sitting on a lake iced over (N.Y) for an extended period and were just in awe of how majestic, and huge they are. These birds are very adaptable. There are many of them, along with hawks, living in New York City believe it or not surviving on rats and pigeons.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
It's so thrilling to see Bald Eagles isn't it? We saw one just sitting on a lake iced over (N.Y) for an extended period and were just in awe of how majestic, and huge they are. These birds are very adaptable. There are many of them, along with hawks, living in New York City believe it or not surviving on rats and pigeons.

It is thrilling! I've only seen one in the wild-down in the Hill Country around Austin. I have pics somewhere. I love birds of prey. I've almost wrecked several times going to and from work watching hawks diving for prey.