• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
As%20You%20Like%20it%20-%20web.jpg
A cast of 14 Northwest Florida State College students and community members will present Shakespeare's comedy As You Like It in the Sprint Theater of the Mattie Kelly Arts Center in Niceville from March 16 through 19 at 7:30 pm.

Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for youth 18 and under. NWF State College students & employees with RaiderCard ID may obtain one free ticket per ID, in person from the Box Office space permitting. Purchase tickets by phone, in-person or online from the Mattie Kelly Arts Center box office at (850) 729-6000 or the website at www.mattiekellyartscenter.org. The Box Office is open 9 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. The online Box Office is open around the clock. If available, seats purchased at the door are the same price as advance tickets.

As You Like It subverts the traditional rules of romance. Gender roles, nature, and politics are confused in a play that reflects on how bewildering yet utterly pleasurable life can be. The idyllic Forest of Arden provides the backdrop for Shakespeare's glorious romantic comedy of courtiers, clowns, philosophers and provincials?all bewitched by the trials and triumphs of love. As You Like It tells the story of power hungry women exiling their sisters, girls playing guys, and everyone finding love in unexpected places.

A firm favorite among Shakespeare's comedies, As You Like It runs the glorious gamut of pastoral romance - with cross-dressing and love-notes - to poetry and brilliant conversation, gentle satire, slapstick, and passion!

tix and more info:
850-729-6000

Mattie Kelly Arts Center

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
the last performance is tonight! go see our own Alicia (Aleo) perform as a goat herder!

Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for youth 18 and under. NWF State College students & employees with RaiderCard ID may obtain one free ticket per ID, in person from the Box Office space permitting. Purchase tickets by phone, in-person or online.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Whew,glad that one is in the bag. Thanks dear Toots for posting this. It was a funn show. I had not auditioned as I just didn't think my energy was back up enough to do it. My hubby had an actor have a medical emergency last week and drop out. I think my role was snake bit. I got bronchitis opening week, missed a day and a half of work at the paper, but we wrapped it up tonight. Love doing Shakespeare. Just love it.:wave:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Whew,glad that one is in the bag. Thanks dear Toots for posting this. It was a funn show. I had not auditioned as I just didn't think my energy was back up enough to do it. My hubby had an actor have a medical emergency last week and drop out. I think my role was snake bit. I got bronchitis opening week, missed a day and a half of work at the paper, but we wrapped it up tonight. Love doing Shakespeare. Just love it.:wave:

wow! wish we could have seen this. glad you got through it! got a pic of yourself as a goat herder?