• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Might be dormant...but IMO probably not. Local grass is green, my yard is green (but covered in oak leaves) and I don't have irrigation.

Camellia

Beach Fanatic
Nov 26, 2004
Raw and Juicy will be open soon! I'm sure Jen will make an official post very soon and give you the details.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
I'm having a hard time determining which of these posts answer #1 and which answer #2. They all seem to be about grass...?! :blink:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
I would think the dead grass could be due to massive flooding in February during the days of the monsoon rain. Basically that area was under water for days. Then as Jill said you had massive foot traffic on it during Easter week.

Also please everyone if driving through Seaside be careful of bikers.

My daughter's manager was hit by a car last week and has a fractured leg. Prayers for a complete recovery, she is young with 2 kids.

Last edited:

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
I would think the dead grass could be due to massive flooding in February during the days of the monsoon rain. Basically that area was under water for days. Then as Jill said you had massive foot traffic on it during Easter week.

Also please everyone if driving through Seaside be careful of bikers.

My daughter's manager was hit by a car last week and has a fractured leg. Prayers for a complete recovery, she is young with 2 kids.

Yikes...thats terrible! I hope that bikers are careful of cars too...... not saying your daughters manager did this, but people on vacation think they have the right-of-way in Seaside. They think it is yuppie Disney and walk in the street and get pizzed that you almost hit them. I had a man push a baby stroller with a baby in it, right out in front of me and I almost hit it! And boy...was he mad AT ME!!!! Not even at a crosswalk or the 3 way stop. Sorry, I had to vent this.....Seaside has an obligation to it's guests to forwarn people about the COUNTY ROAD that runs thru Seaside. I stop for people most of the time and am courteous.....but it is extremely dangerous and crowded and an absolute free for all at times.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Went by there this morning and my husband's diagnosis was that the grass had been cut very short and will return green as it grows.