• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Try the panned chicken! It's the best!

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Kimmifunn said:
Try the panned chicken! It's the best!

Hmmmm. I think I'd have to vote for the crab cakes. (Friday and Sat. only)! But it's all good. Haven't ever had a bad meal. Be sure and save room for an apple dumpling, big enough to share, good enough to not want to!:love::love::love:

amylouky

Beach Lover
Jul 7, 2005
Louisville, KY
Okay, you guys are killing me. I'm sitting here at my desk in my tiny cubicle in landlocked Kentucky.. blah! And I had a bag of cheetos for lunch.. DEFINITELY would prefer to be eating crab cakes and apple dumplings down there right now (even picking up hurricane debris would be preferable!)
Thanks for all the good info!

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
Definitely kid friendly - just get there early (5ish?) if your 1 year old can't handle a long wait. Rebecca even gave my kids a little tour of the kitchen; what a sweetheart! My 7 year old wanted to leave 'cause he couldn't get a hamburger, but she sweet talked him into noodles and ice cream! Go on Friday or Saturday - the most fabulous crab cakes you will ever eat in your life. Also the best cosmopolitans - shaken til there were these little tiny ice particles...I don't know how the bartender does it. I've tried and tried to to duplicate it at home with no success (guess I better head back down to Grayton :D )

Linda

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Does anybody know of a good Mexican Restaurant? My favorite was Luna Del Mar but when I was down in May it looked like it had closed.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Linda said:
Does anybody know of a good Mexican Restaurant? My favorite was Luna Del Mar but when I was down in May it looked like it had closed.

Luna Del Mar did close. You might try CoCo's Mexican Grill in Santa Rosa they are located at 3906 Highway 98 E., in Santa Rosa. Phone 850-267-1238.

Linda

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
gotothebeachmom said:
Luna Del Mar did close. You might try CoCo's Mexican Grill in Santa Rosa they are located at 3906 Highway 98 E., in Santa Rosa. Phone 850-267-1238.

Thanks - I will be back in August and will try CoCo's.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
amylouky said:
Sounds like a very interesting place.. would love to check it out when we're there next month!

A couple of things to know:

1) As beachy said : Cash or Check only. No credit cards.

2) They stop serving lunch at 2PM . I always miss it by about 15 mins.

3) Long waits if you get there too late. 5PM when they reopen is great, especially on weekends. If you do have to wait you can walk across to the Zoo Gallery which is a great little shop to pick up cool, artsy souveniers.

You'll love it. Definitely has an Amsterdam feel.