• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Suzanne

Beach Lover
Dec 28, 2006
Seagrove
Does anyone know of a company or person here locally that can convert old 8mm movies to dvd's?
Found a bunch in my Mother's attic and want to see if they are salvagable.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Does anyone know of a company or person here locally that can convert old 8mm movies to dvd's?
Found a bunch in my Mother's attic and want to see if they are salvagable.
Thanks

I would try and find an 8MM projector. Watch the videos on a piece of white poster board and have a camcorder set up to record them. That's what we did with ours. It was nice to be able to watch the movies and know what we were transferring. Watch out for audio gaffs though, when we watched them back we realized the camcorder had picked up our comments throughout the transfer process. :blush:

I would try and find an 8MM projector. Watch the videos on a piece of white poster board and have a camcorder set up to record them. That's what we did with ours. It was nice to be able to watch the movies and know what we were transferring. Watch out for audio gaffs though, when we watched them back we realized the camcorder had picked up our comments throughout the transfer process. :blush:
Surely there's a more high tech way to do this. :dunno: Transferring our old 8mms to DVDs has been on my to-do list for a few years. :blush:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Surely there's a more high tech way to do this. :dunno: Transferring our old 8mms to DVDs has been on my to-do list for a few years. :blush:

Oh yeah, you use a slide scanner and then recompile the scans into video. That's why most people ship them off. There's also really cheesy plastic boxes you play the film into and hook your camcorder to the other end.