• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Oysters!

New posts
I believe scallops are open july -sept15? not positive on the last day. If you go to the Florida Wildlife and Game Commision website it has all of the State of Floridas fishing regulations.

Just to put it out there(ill take a plug whenever:biggrin: ) when I take charters out of Indian Pass we almost always stop and have lunch. I just pull right up to the oyster bar and hop out pick some up try one to see if they are good enough if not i move to another bar. Then I start shucking for my clients.

friedfishcharters@hotmail.com
I bet you learned that trick from Dead Fish Larry. ;-) I just finished eating some fresh Mackeral that your Dad gave me today. YUMMY!
 
Just chowed down on some Apalach oysters. Heavenly.
Did y'all know that the twister that came through Friday was a water spout come ashore? :eek:
 
Just chowed down on some Apalach oysters. Heavenly.
Did y'all know that the twister that came through Friday was a water spout come ashore? :eek:

:eek: I love water spouts.....from a distance!! That's pretty rare for them to come ashore, huh?
 
the old saying is months that have a "r" in them, but i swam in the gulf last month and the water was 80...seems like it needs to get pretty cold for them to be safe raw....which is bout' the only way i'll eat them...right?:idontno:
 
I believe scallops are open july -sept15? not positive on the last day. If you go to the Florida Wildlife and Game Commision website it has all of the State of Floridas fishing regulations.

Just to put it out there(ill take a plug whenever:biggrin: ) when I take charters out of Indian Pass we almost always stop and have lunch. I just pull right up to the oyster bar and hop out pick some up try one to see if they are good enough if not i move to another bar. Then I start shucking for my clients.

friedfishcharters@hotmail.com
PA300011sm.jpg
 
the old saying is months that have a "r" in them, but i swam in the gulf last month and the water was 80...seems like it needs to get pretty cold for them to be safe raw....which is bout' the only way i'll eat them...right?:idontno:

:nono1: Perfectly safe year round thanks to the wonderful invention of man made ice.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top