• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
So the real statement is that 54% of those who cared were not in favor of the airport, of course over 3/4's of those that voted didn't care one way or another.

Non-binding? So I guess this means I want your opinion, before I do what I want. No one votes for issues that are binding. Why take the time over something like this? While I know very little about this airport, I have always been curious as to just what flight path these planes will be taking as they come and go.

pmd8

Beach Lover
Jul 27, 2005
How about if we had a ballot and the choice was a $331 million airport or a check for $2024 for each of the 163,505 residents of Bay County?

Or we could just go ahead and give the $331 million to St. Joe.

Rambunkscious

Beach Lover
Jan 17, 2007
Or PMD8, we could do one even better than that. We could take the national trillion dollar budget and divide it by every man, woman and child living in the United States and give everybody 5000 dollars! That really does make a lot of sense as does your post.

I learned from your post that we are now giving the St Joe Company a check for 331 million dollars. Previous to your post, I was unaware of that (fact).

Rambunkscious

Beach Lover
Jan 17, 2007
Walton, only 12 (twelve) percent of those voting said they did not want the new airport. I checked and this figure does not represent a majority.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Walton, only 12 (twelve) percent of those voting said they did not want the new airport. I checked and this figure does not represent a majority.

The point I failed to make was why have a non-binding referendum? It means little, even less considering who votes. They could have hired someone cheaper to do some sort of scientific sampling of the opinions in the area.

But if we had Hometown Democracy in place and if it were to be applied to something such as this, you would not be seeing an airport, or much growth of any sort occurring.

Personally, I think the airport is a good thing.

pmd8

Beach Lover
Jul 27, 2005

Re: Panama City Airport on hold (Rambunkscious)
"...Or PMD8, we could do one even better than that. We could take the national trillion dollar budget and divide it by every man, woman and child living in the United States and give everybody 5000 dollars! That really does make a lot of sense as does your post."
And apparently a similar percentage has a sense of humor.

Why should Bay County care what Walton County thinks? We voted 56% against. My unscientific sampling was about 90% against.

I also think we should do away with the designated hitter.

Last edited:

Uncle Timmy

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Blue Mountain Beach
I have always been curious as to just what flight path these planes will be taking as they come and go.

According to an ex-airtraffic controller I talked too about the new airport, most flights will be directed either north or south out of the new airport.

The military controls the airspace to the east and west. That includes the air over SoWal.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

Re: Panama City Airport on hold (Rambunkscious)
"...Or PMD8, we could do one even better than that. We could take the national trillion dollar budget and divide it by every man, woman and child living in the United States and give everybody 5000 dollars! That really does make a lot of sense as does your post."
And apparently a similar percentage has a sense of humor.

Why should Bay County care what Walton County thinks? We voted 56% against. My unscientific sampling was about 90% against.

I also think we should do away with the designated hitter.

Bay County should care what surrounding counties think as it is a regional airport. If I'm correct this means that surrounding counties do have a say in the federal funds being spent on it. :dunno:

raven

Banned
May 14, 2007
there's nothing wrong with progress, but sadly the powers that be in this area think progress is tearing down natural charm and the environment in favor of some crappy strip malls or heinously tacky developments mistakenly marketed as "luxury".

too bad there aren't enough experienced community planner, developers and local leadership who understan the real way to make money.

the way things have been done are really sad...i'm so grateful for the real estate crash, hopefully it will prevent any further idiocy.

infrastructure like a good airport, healthcare, services, culture and evacuation routes will actually contribute to the value of the community more.

the stupid little "what should we care what walton county thinks" is a typical byproduct of the "i got mines" ghetto attitude of local developers business people who have not been harbingers of progress but rather lorded over their fuedal terroritories robbing from the communities instead of contributing to them. what makes it worse? the peasants who sucked at the teat of the tyrants believing that stealing from the rich was going to create opportunity for them and build their region.

not too smart bubba. not too smart.

Last edited:

Rambunkscious

Beach Lover
Jan 17, 2007
All of us counties should care if the airport is put in Bay County. I think all of us counties truly love bay county and are all glad joe owned the land to give away for the airport. Us counties are sensitive peoples here.