• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Here's an idea - Since enforcement seems to be lacking from our overwhelmed police, why not deputive a trained volunteer citizen "police" force with the authority to issue tickets for infractions such as are pointed out here on the bike path and parking areas. Monitoring could be done at the volunteers discretion as to time of day and length with an "adopt-a -mile or more" type of approach. I would gladly sign up.

Beach Buggys

Beach Lover
Mar 13, 2012
Local
www.sowalbeachbuggys.com
There's an idea, lets put obviously biased people in charge of ticketing task force aimed soley at LSV's???? I'm sure there'll be no abuse of power there. How about we just let Law Enforcement do there jobs, They seem to be doing a fine job as far as I'm concerned.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Did I say anything about LSV's ??? I was talking about infractions on the bike path, parking, accesses etc. as brought up in other posts. Of course, we all know that people who drive LSV's never drive them on the path or commit other infractions because you do such an excellent job of educating them and they of course all listen and dutifully obey.
And yes I am biased when I see these illegal things happening and no one ever pays so it goes on and on. I would ticket a car as fast as anything else for illegal parking, parking the wrong way on 30a ( Seaside all the time ).
Think police auxillary - not an unusual concept.

Last edited:

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
There's an idea, lets put obviously biased people in charge of ticketing task force aimed soley at LSV's???? I'm sure there'll be no abuse of power there. How about we just let Law Enforcement do there jobs, They seem to be doing a fine job as far as I'm concerned.

Dean, I know that your business is based in DeFuniak Springs, but do you live in SOWAL? I just bring that up because it seems that you are so oblivious to what goes on around here. Spend some time in Seagrove this weekend and you will see first-hand all of the misuse of everything from LSVs to bikes to cars to pedestrians.

Django

Beach Comber
Jan 1, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
I can't believe how badly this guy is getting beat up! I respect Dean for his entrepreneurial spirit and you guys are crucifying him. From what I've seen, bicycles are a bigger and more dangerous issue. Not to mention, there are no license or age requirements for riding a bike on a busy street. I can't tell you how many times I've seen bicyclist impeding traffic or cruising by a stop sign without even slowing down. But they get a pass. I don't think bike rental companies are accountable for their clients bad decisions, but I could be wrong <sarcasm>. Call me crazy, but I think we need to promote and support small business, evil capitalism and economic growth in our area.

Dean, I'd save my breathe. From what I've seen, you can't win against anonymity and pack behavior. Don't be discouraged by what a few are saying here and best wishes for your business! :up:

Django

Beach Buggys

Beach Lover
Mar 13, 2012
Local
www.sowalbeachbuggys.com
Thanks Django, yeah I think I've been fighting a losing battle on here, lol. I do always try to look at both sides of an argument or discussion, but in this case I believe your right, better to save my breath. Thanks again for the encouraging words, the business is doing great so far.