• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
we were staying in grayton....my daughter bought that shell just before closing. she was the last customer

Patrone's was a great little place. I remember that immense hog they use to keep, and the peacocks and rabbits that roamed free.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Thanks for those pictures Bob. Patrone's was the first place I walked to when I moved into Grayton Beach 21 years ago next month. Gene Florence and BJ Totten took me to "The Bay Cafe" for dinner, which was in the building The Red Bar occupies. Oli was chef and all I wanted for dinner was dessert! Oli brought out a Chocolate Brulee for me. It was yummy wonderful and we all drank cocktails till the wee hours of the morn. That was my first night in Grayton Beach.

A few months later I would be living in a small apartment in Patrone's, with Oli and Brenda living above me. Fun parties in those days!!!!! Then I started selling my desserts out of BJ's Flower shop and on Saturday's I took Polaroid pictures for $5.00 of tourist & kids with the goats, chickens, rabbits and "Crab," the huge hog.

There's not a time I ride through Grayton that I don't look over where Patrone's once was.....in the heart of Grayton Beach.

Thank you for reminding us all of such a magical place. :love: I hope everyone will share their experiences of Patrone's.

I've got to find all of my old pictures I took back then.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
we were staying in grayton....my daughter bought that shell just before closing. she was the last customer

what a wonderful memory...thanks for posting.