• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2005
The Peaceful Piney Woods.
It probably has more to do with how their mamas raised them, than anything else. I don't think priviledge, circumstance, intelligence or self-confidence has anything to do with it. It is a question of consideration, and consideration has to be taught, and learned.

However, in defense of the tent culprits, they are probably well-meaning people who have no idea that others are having thread wars over their beach appendages.

southof30A

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2004
Problem is, many of us rednecks can't even spell "concentousness" - let alone know what it means...

By the way, this redneck leaves nothin' but footprints on the beach and takes a bag along to pick up others' trash when on my daily walk.

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
southof30A said:
Problem is, many of us rednecks can't even spell "concentousness" - let alone know what it means...

By the way, this redneck leaves nothin' but footprints on the beach and takes a bag along to pick up others' trash when on my daily walk.

That's why there's spell check! :) Sounds like you are already pretty conscientious to me.

Perfect example of the "Me" generation :bang: Sure don't want to EVER see this happen to SolWal or anywhere else for that matter.

7687Trash-med.jpg

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I agree, Beach Dreamer, consideration for others is taught. That's what I'm hoping for my children. Whether they get straight A's or go to a private school or college is much less important to their happiness and long-term success as long as they make good use of their abilities. If they learn to respect the beach and their neighbors, they'll be in pretty good shape (and I think they're on the right track so far). We'll see if someday they're in the photo above (egads...).

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
RiverOtter said:
Perfect example of the "Me" generation :bang: Sure don't want to EVER see this happen to SolWal or anywhere else for that matter.

7687Trash-med.jpg
That could be "party cove" at our beautiful Lake of the ozarks here in MO :pissed: it is gross.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Riverotter, My theory about IQ was right! The guy in the water is drinking Keystone NA and I don't think he's looking to recycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.