• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure it has been mentioned in this thread somewhere. The problem is the average visitor to the area will leave the Walmart canopy up for the duration of their stay (or until a storm knocks it over) and they do not take it back down (or pick up the twisted pieces) when they depart. We see this on the beach at High Pointe every time we are there. The other problem is the storms sometimes blow the canopy up on the dunes and they are not reachable. So once again a few are screwing things for many. We leave nothing behind. If I see my kid drop something wheather they mean to or not I make them pick it up or chase it down in the wind.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
RiverOtter said:
I sure it has been mentioned in this thread somewhere. The problem is the average visitor to the area will leave the Walmart canopy up for the duration of their stay (or until a storm knocks it over) and they do not take it back down (or pick up the twisted pieces) when they depart. We see this on the beach at High Pointe every time we are there. The other problem is the storms sometimes blow the canopy up on the dunes and they are not reachable. So once again a few are screwing things for many. We leave nothing behind. If I see my kid drop something wheather they mean to or not I make them pick it up or chase it down in the wind.

And I do the same with my son!!!!

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
Slam me, Thumper, and add insult to injury by mocking my typo ("priveleges")! Sorry, I guess I sound bitter, but getting old stinks, you know it? Better than dead, though. It's been a tough year for us. I'll stop whining, deal with the bad along with the good, and be a good citizen with regard to the tent.

And for the record, I do care about beach preservation. I've asked people to get off the dunes many times, among other acts of good citizenship. And, of course, I wouldn't advocate a person throwing his/her trash on the street just because he/she is handicapped in some way. I frankly didn't know that tents impeded the sea turtles.

BTW it's "phd" as in "Ph.D."

Friends? :)

Last edited:

thumper

Beach Comber
Jun 15, 2005
phdphay said:
Slam me, Thumper, and add insult to injury by mocking my typo ("priveleges")!

Whattyaknow, I didn't even know that WAS a typo. (is it privileges?)

Regardless, there was no slam there, phdphay. It was nothing more than a (hopefully) gentle and reasoned response to your own quotes. In several threads today you sounded quite upset with the "beach people", thinking it was discriminating against you and others who have health issues. I was trying to point out how that was not the case at all, and show a little understanding for your side at the same time.

and oh yes...FRIENDS....of course! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.