• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Leighklindsey

Beach Crab
May 6, 2012
I'd also appreciate any suggestions or recommendations. My husband and I have been visiting the area for years and understand all the rules. We have three dogs, all of whom are very well behaved. They are also crated if we are not with them.

Our dog doesn't need to go to the beach when we are in-between houses. We just need a place that is pet-friendly during our transition period.

And please, not the windowless condo in Seacrest (where the fountain is) where we stayed once when we came down for a BCC meeting. We paid for two nights, but left 12 hours after we got there. I thought I was gonna claw my eyeballs out being trapped in an apartment with no windows.

Isn't a place with no windows illegal?
Well, it has a window but the window opens to a public hallway with no view of anything outdoors -- just the concrete hallway. So because we didn't want people staring into our room, we had to close the curtains. They were blackout curtains, so we couldn't tell if it was day or night without looking at our watches. Very disorienting.

To me, that's not a window.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Also some listings at Old Florida Cottages and Village are pet friendly. Gulf Place Courtyard has pet friendly listings. We use VRBO when looking for pet friendly locations and use the Pet Friendly filter, makes it easy to find those that will take pets.

Last edited:
We will be needing multiple rentals for 1-3 night stays at random times for many months, starting in June. We will have a female standard poodle that is crate-trained with us. That means that she is either in the same room as we are, or she is in the crate. She's always crated when we leave the house. She has a beach permit because we own property in Walton County.

Thanks for any leads that you might give us. Minnie, I have taken note of your recs and also that of BonTempsBungalow.

We found a rental at Hidden Beach in Seagrove. They have a great area that is well-lit for walking dogs. Price is right when we're just going down on personal business to check on the progress of our home that is under construction. This isn't on the beach, but the beach access is so close that it's no problem.