• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
:wave: Happy Mother's Day to all you fine SoWal Women! It was a perfect Day!

http://SoWal.com/photos-051208.html

080511-artsquest-043.jpg

Artist Justin Gaffrey had the prime spot at the 2008 Artsquest at Baytowne Wharf. The SoWal 2005 ?Artist of the Year,? Gaffrey taught himself how to paint by exploring new techniques utilized by some of his favored artists including Van Gogh and Monet. By combining some of these methods with his own unique style, Gaffrey has created his own artistic voice. His immersion in creative thought and depth of imagination has allowed Gaffrey to create emotional, brilliant works as individual as his surroundings. Justin Gaffrey?s works can be viewed in the folk art room of Gaffrey Art Gallery, located in Blue Mountain Beach. For information, call 850-267-0228. Justin says, ?When I started painting I wanted to create my own style. I would visit galleries around the country and see many styles of art overlapping each other, all blurring into the same thing over and over. Every once in a while I would run across a painter or sculpture that would really inspire me because it would be something that had never been done or that I had never seen before.?

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Great pics!:clap: Looks like a wonderful day. Lots of talent. :clap:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I dont know when this photo was taken but that painting in the front :love:

BB and I wanted to fight over it...:D

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
I viewed Justin's artwork while on the champaign tour and thoroughly enjoyed the array of colors and the depth of textures used in his creations. The swamp scene in the rear of his gallery is equally impressive. I believe that one was done by God. Justin appears to be living an inspired life.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Good dude - he's been known to spend several hours on July 5th cleaning up the beach after fireworks (I think he might have lit a few the night before). :lol:

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Looks like I would have gotten into ALOT of trouble there! I love a good art show :love: