• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Haven't tried, but you are welcome to come try if you promise not to scare the bageezers out of the frog as your mouth comes toward their little bodies.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
In your user cp under avatar option, link to off site avatar

http://www.sowal.com/frog.jpg

frog.jpg

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
kurt said:
You need a graphics or photo editing program to resize.
No, I need a book to instruct me how to use one of the photo editing programs which I have. It is on my list, and I have only just begun to explorer photo manipulation.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Smiling JOe said:
No, I need a book to instruct me how to use one of the photo editing programs which I have. It is on my list, and I have only just begun to explorer photo manipulation.

Which one(s) do you have?

Photoshop elements is supposed to be good for the price.

If you have the MS one it may do everything you need. Just look in the menu of whichever one you have for a resize option and it should have a dialog for resizing by pixels, resolution, inches, etc. After you resize you probably will need to sharpen.

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2005
The Peaceful Piney Woods.
Kurt, have you tried Irfanview? I've found it to be the best I've tried for downsizing photos while retaining quality and picture size. These days, I upload with Nikon software, crop and tweak with Photoshop, and resize with Irfanview. Works great, but takes a lot longer!

Love the frog SJ! If you are using Photoshop (I have 7.0), for instance, you would pull up your photo, click on "Image" on the top tool bar, and then choose "Image Size" from the drop down menu. From there you can just put in what size you need it, and presto-chango, it's done.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
BeachDreamer said:
Kurt, have you tried Irfanview? I've found it to be the best I've tried for downsizing photos while retaining quality and picture size. These days, I upload with Nikon software, crop and tweak with Photoshop, and resize with Irfanview. Works great, but takes a lot longer!

Love the frog SJ! If you are using Photoshop (I have 7.0), for instance, you would pull up your photo, click on "Image" on the top tool bar, and then choose "Image Size" from the drop down menu. From there you can just put in what size you need it, and presto-chango, it's done.

I haven't tried that one but I don't know why you would need anything other than PS. :dunno: